Chapter 3

Always Attract

In a confident fashion

I will admit my deepest and darkest to her

And every gaze across the table

Will send my unsuspecting body into shock

Draco's p.o.v. - Draco's diary

Dear Diary,

This is a particularly dismal entry that I wish to mar the pages of this notebook with; it is yet another few pages dedicated to my longing crush. Today I went to Hogsmeade, to escape the sight of his face in the walls of Hogwarts but my luck had to abandon me – I had to see the stupid boy in the Three Broomsticks. Now, I will spend another night writing about my experiences in the sad affair of unrequited love.

Sat alone in the Three Broomsticks, my black suit clinging to my frail figure, hugging me and giving me strength to endure the sickening sight I was beholding. I sipped a mouthful of firewhiskey and sighed deeply; over the other side of the cosy pub, in a secluded corner were the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw: the happy couple.

The Hufflepuff surprisingly was no other than the great Cedric Diggory; the Boy-Who-Shouldn't-Have-Lived. The surprise came in the form that his little gang of followers – friends – were not there, overcome with jovial teenage chatter. Cedric was sat, looking depressed and longing – I thought that he looked quite a lot like me. The only problem being that I wasn't the one that he was longing after. Disapprovingly, the object of his desire was no other than the young Ravenclaw; he so obviously stared lovingly at her raven dark hair, her cheeky smile, and it was a blatant fact that he cherished how she always greeted him; her eyes lighting up when her voice caressed the syllables of his name.

But, like me, his totally-more-than-a-teenager-love-story was just out of reach; always there but never to be touched. Always to long after but to never hold; to never whisper loving but empty words into their ears; to never make them blush and to never kiss their cheek with radiance in your eyes. To be looked at but never touched. This was the same way I looked at him.

Broodingly, I nursed at my drink; not really recognising the taste of it. For so many years I have put up the 'I'm a Slytherin Sex God' wall; but now, the bricks were crumbling around me and I felt more vulnerable than ever. Most nights are spent awake, just wondering about how my life may have been different if I had succeeded in my attempts to befriend him; these frequent nights end in tears – small drops of emotions falling behind my façade.

I knew that Cedric had a soft spot for Cho; but the burning desire in my heart meant that every time I saw her I wanted to curse her straight into oblivion. My Father wouldn't question these actions; to him they'd be justified, one less blood traitor for him to look down on like garbage.

Looking up at his copper brown and messy hair I felt a stinging pain in my chest, like my heart was simmering inside of me, waiting to explode in a bloody fury. I desperately wanted to go up to him; slap him and then kiss him. Slap him for even thinking such thoughts about the him and...well...I guess the reason why I want to kiss him is obvious.

I still cannot believe that I had fallen for him; what would my parents think? Their son...in love with the pretty boy, their son in love with the one who tried to harm their leader.

I saw Cedric across the room again, after looking down at the oak table before me, and banging my head against it, he was once again oblivious to anyone but Cho. Yet Cho was not to him, she was sat cuddled up with him; this was obviously breaking the Potter's heart - Potter who had saved his life, kept his heart beating.

Not that the stupid boy knew anything about my fractured one; I then stood up and slammed the table hard with my fists before storming out of the pub and into the cold streets of Hogsmeade.