4. "Please rest Amérique.."

France had been sleeping very well for someone who was a light sleeper. She was laying next to her husband when a loud cry awoke her. She sat up and saw Britain had not woken up, he lay still, his chest rising and falling peacefully. She slipped out of bed, careful to not wake Britain. France crept down the hallway, following the whimpers from the room she thought it was coming from. She saw that one of the fifty doors in the long hallway of the states was cracked open and light drifted through it. France opened it up and saw America sitting beside the bed of South Carolina. He was gently stroking her hair as she cried.

"Darling?.."

France spoke quietly, as if afraid to scare them. America looked up for a moment as he was settling SC back into her bed. He whispered something to her and she lay down, quickly falling asleep.

"Hello Mother, I'm sorry if she woke you up. She was just having nightmares.."

France went over and sat by her son, she looked him over and saw deep circles under his eyes, he looked exhausted.

"Have you gone to bed yet?.."

America stiffened, he then hid his face by looking at his daughter.

"You haven't slept yet have you?"

France looked at America with concern.

"Please rest Amérique.."

He sighed and smiled at his mother as she looked at him with a stern glare.

"Alright.. If it pleases you."

"It does, thank you."

The French woman smiled at her son as he left the room. She gently placed a kiss on her granddaughters forehead and turned off the light, closing the door.

A/N

Sorry, this was kind of like a one shot but I wanted to do a little Mother-Son bonding time <3 

Thank you again for reading and I'll hopefully see you again tomorrow!

Amérique: America