8. New York's Sick Day

"DAD!"

"WHAT IS IT NEW YORK?!"

America sighed as New York screamed something about feeling like shit. He sat down part of the breakfast he had been making on the states table and they all lunged for it like vultures. He then sat down the other half onto the guest table with the countries sitting at it. He exited the room and went up the many stairs to New York's room.

"Took you long enough dipshit."

"Really New York?"

"Sorry Dad.. I feel miserable.."

America sighed and walked over to his daughter, feeling her forehead.

"Fever. I'd say about 102. You stay here, I'll go get the medicine."

His tone was calm, he had dealt with fevers like this thousands of times before.

"Take this or I will shove it down your throat."

"God, I'll take it.."

"Ame?"

America wheeled around to see his youngest brother, New Zealand, standing in the doorway.

"Mère was worried about you since you were gone so wrong so she asked me to check on you.."

America chuckled.

"I'm fine, New York is sick, that's all."

"THATS ALL?! THATS ALL?! I AM SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT!"

"See, she's feeling better already. We can go back downstairs now."

The two brother left the room as an angry New York began to fall asleep. 

- Two Hours Later -

"GO AWAY WASHINGTON!"

"I'M JUST CHECKING ON YOU, NO NEED TO BE AN ASS!"

"GET OUT BEFORE I BEAT YOURS!"

"YOU TWO STOP ARGUING OR I'LL LET DELAWARE SHOW YOU HOW HE FEELS ABOUT SWEARING!"

"SORRY DAD!"

The two scared states spoke unanimously and New York went to sleep and they heard Washington thud downstairs. America gave one final sigh and snapped his fingers. Immediately all states in the room snapped to attention.

"Can one of you please go and strap New York to her bed before she argues with someone else while she's sick?"

"I'LL DO IT!"

Wyoming grinned in excitement, she always did love challenges.

"Alright, great! This needs to be done by tonight, understood?"

He looked her dead in the eye all formal like. Wyoming saluted her father and America saluted back.

"Go now soldier, achieve your mission."

And with that Wyoming left the room, and they could all hear New York's angry screams.

A/N

Mère: Mother