𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

•~᯽~•

•~᯽~•

"THIS TEST IS CLOSED NOTES. IF I catch you or find out that you cheated, it will be marked as a zero and you will receive a citation, apart from having to serve three weeks of summer school," Kento Nanami announced as he passed out the answer bubble sheet to the class.

The way he said it, made summer school sound more like a prison sentence rather than cram school.

It was Thursday morning, and there was a total of two days left before summer break began. Everyone was antsy and just waiting to get the forsaken exams over with.

Oh but Kayo could already smell the salty wind and beach.

"Ijichi-san, eyes on your own paper," Nanami-sensei's stern voice snaps the poor girl back into the dreaded reality that was school.

She stutters an apology before actually getting to her test.

. . .

"My back is killing me!" Nobara whines as she and Kayo make their way to the quad. It was strange not heading directly towards the designated spot that was the bleachers, but Nobara had asked Kayo to hang out with her today.

And deep down, though Kayo would never admit it, she sometimes wanted to get away from all the dudebros in her friend group and just hang out with girls. Men were truly exhausting.

"Nanami-sensei was not merciful with that test," Kayo complained as well. Her eyes, head, and brain hurt. Sure, she was good enough at math, but that didn't mean she was great or enjoyed it. It was a pain in the ass to deal with. Especially being her first period of the day.

"He's a great teacher and all, but damn, that subject is not forgiving,"

Kayo shook her head in agreement.

"Kayo-chan! Been a while since I've seen you at this neck of the woods," a strong voice exclaims.

Maki Zen'in, a second-year, and Nobara's girlfriend.

Tall, with sleek, green-black hair that's always tied in a pony, along with a pair of sharp eyes and wire-rimmed glasses; Maki was all too striking-- the captain of the volleyball team, the woman had presence.

"Maki-senpai! It's been a while too! I'm really glad you're joining us to Okinawa," Kayo greatly admired and respected her cool upperclassman.

"Yeah, well, I gotta take care of this one," she gestures at Nobara with her thumb and then smirks, "And I also want to see the kind of hotel Gojo got us with his kind of dough,"

"A good one for sure. Have you seen those stupid sunglasses he wears? Custom-made Versaces," Kayo couldn't help but gush and complain all at once.

Kayo knew Gojo since childhood; having met him when she and Megumi first met after all. She didn't visit his and the Fushiguro's apartment until she was in middle school when Tsumiki invited her to watch reruns of Inuyasha on Gojo's seventy-inch, flat-screen TV.