Chapter 23 - Family

Elizah made her way into her home and escorted Jayden to the table where no one was seated. There were three plates set at the table, and Jayden sat down at one of the chairs with his cloak still covering his face.

"Wait here. I'll come back," Elizah whispered. Jayden only nodded and waited while Elizah smiled and ran into the kitchen.

Roxanne stood over a large pot of soup and stirred it before ladling some soup out and taking a smell of the soup. Elizah walked up behind her, and Roxanne only smiled.

"Mama, I have come here I want you to meet," Elizah said with a small smile with laughter and excitement evident in her eyes.

Roxanne raised an eyebrow and smiled. "I expected this to happen but I didn't know it would be so soon," Roxanne said and embraced her daughter.

Roxanne bought out the soup and placed it on the table, and curiously eyed her cloaked visitor. Elizah put the last plate in front of Jayden and made sure he still didn't move his cloak from his face.

"Where's Micah?" Elizah asked.

"He's in his room. I'll go get him to meet your friend," Roxanne said, and Elizah sat next to Jayden, and they squeezed palms momentarily.

Micah came in with a curious look on his face. He was trying to identify Jayden from behind the cloak without clearly seeing the person's face.

They all took their places at the table. Elizah brought her right hand out onto the table as Jayden slowly let his cloak fall back. Roxanne's eyes only showed her shock while Micah smiled slightly on noticing the Prince.

"I made a proposal to your daughter today, because that's the way I can save her. We plan to make a blood bond between us," Jayden said as Roxanne and Micah watched the two of them in surprise.

"I accepted it," Elizah said, and her eyes sparkled.

Roxanne still looked shocked, and when she managed words, she said, "Liz... that's amazing. How long have you two known each other?"

Roxanne took her daughter's hand and examined the beautiful ring on her finger.

"Does the queen know about this?" Micah asked and shot a glance in Jayden's direction.

"No. And she won't," Jayden said simply.

"Can we eat? The soup is going to go cold," Elizah said and broke off the awkward conversation between her brother and Jayden.

Roxanne couldn't agree more as she ladled the soup into each person's bowl and said, "This is nothing like the food you've eaten before. It won't ever be at that standard."

"No, that's fine. I really don't mind," Jayden said with a grateful smile.

Elizah absentmindedly spilt some of the soup on Jayden's arm, and she almost jumped back.

"Liz it's okay," Jayden said gently as he noticed Elizah's gesture.

"So you stole her nickname as well?" Micah asked and rolled his eyes.

"Micah," Elizah said through gritted teeth, and Roxanne shot a disapproving stare in her son's direction.

The meal continued with only casual conversation about how they had met in the first place and how the palace affairs were going.

"Do you have any plans for the ceremony?" Roxanne asked while Micah began to clear the table.

"It was only going to be a short ceremony with you and Micah and a seer we know to perform the rituals," Jayden said as if he'd already made complete plans about the ceremony.

"Your parents will not be attending?" Roxanne asked with a tiny bit of surprise at the Prince's words.

"No. I plan to leave this city as soon as the wedding is over," Jayden said. He held Elizah's hand tightly, knowing how worried she would be to discuss the verdict.

"And I will have to as well. Otherwise, I'll be killed," Elizah said, and Roxanne's glance turned sympathetic.

"The verdict wasn't in your favour?" Roxanne asked, and Elizah shook her head.

"No. But they'll be searching this place soon and they will definitely use anything against me. Especially when I actually have magic," Elizah whispered.

"Oh, honey come here," Roxanne said and walked up to her daughter and hugged her daughter.

"Liran had magic himself, I didn't see traces in Micah so I had expected it in you. I understand why you'll have to leave," Roxanne said and smiled gently at her daughter.

"Will you be alright if I leave?" Elizah asked her gently.

Roxanne gave a nod before she turned to Jayden.

"When do you think we should have the ceremony?" Roxanne asked.

"As early as possible will be most preferred," Jayden said and looked up at Roxanne's blonde hair and grey eyes.

"It wouldn't take a while to arrange a dress, seeing that I saw one a couple days ago for a bargain. It would be quite easy on our money and it would be perfect for her size," Roxanne said, "Does 5 days sound like enough time?"

Jayden nodded and said, "It would actually be perfect. I can arrange the rings in that much time."

"Then it's set. 5 days from today around the pond where you both met, with your seer friend to perform the vows," Roxanne said as Jayden and Elizah stood up from the table.

"I'll escort him out," Elizah said and led Jayden to the doorstep.

"5 days. I'll have to stall my parents until then," Jayden said once they were outside and gently caught Elizah in a kiss.

"5 days, and you'll be free," Elizah said as they shared a grin, and they parted ways as Jayden headed to the palace.

---------------------

The dark hooded figure headed into the weapon room of the palace. The head of the army was playing a gambling game. And all the soldiers were there.

"Well, what are you doing here?" the army commander asked as the figure made its way into the room.

"This isn't a time for jokes," the figure said and handed the man a piece of parchment.

"5 days from today," the hooded figure said, "If you come, You'll have enough gold to fill your armoury with fresh weaponry."

"If I don't?" the commander asked with a mocking grin.

"Trust me, you wouldn't want to know what I'll do to you and your troops. So come with a small army or lives are at risk," the dark hooded figure said and strolled out of the armoury without a second glance back.