19. The Threshold of the Killing Nature [Thranduil/Psychopath!Reader]

A.N: so, I know it's been a hot minute since I posted a one-shot. I've been kinda really busy with writing FATE. But, here ya go, a random and actually really dark one-shot. Inspired by one scene I wrote for TLLOTS....sorta?

Request: none

Pairing: Thranduil X Reader

Summary: Thranduil takes Reader in and she becomes one of his warriors. She is a psychopath.

Word count: 2.1k

Warnings: murder, child murder, man murder, women murder. lots and lots of graphic murder. also death. I was originally planning to write fluff, idk what happened.

........

The Threshold of the Killing Nature

Kingdoms are pitted against each other over meaningless disputes. Innocents are slaughtered and burned while they scream for mercy in a war they have nothing to do with. It is gruesome. It is deadly. However, some individuals are so twisted to the extent in which they enjoy it—the struggle, the fight, the kill. It brings eagerness and anticipation to their hearts. Whether it is for the revenge or the love of it, the hunger for violence does not fade. Instead, it infects and warps the mind into something unrecognizable. It consumes. And (Y/N) was one of these deranged, mutated souls that caved into the threshold of the killing nature.

A white horse thundered into the stone floored armory of Greenwood with a rogue warrior gripping the reins. Her hair was matted by dark red blood that clumped together, and she had crimson splashed on her cheeks and forehead. Additionally, the woman's lip was bleeding, the blood trailing down her chin and neck; yet despite that injury, her mouth still formed a devilish smile—showing off her bleeding gums. The rest of her body reflected whatever fight she had been in, for her face wasn't the only thing that withstood damage. Her knuckles were covered in black and blue bruises and the left leg of her trousers was ripped with red stains clinging onto the scorched fabric. Furthermore, (Y/N) had multiple long gashes down her toned bicep and what looked to be a bite mark on her forearm. Not to mention, a dagger was embedded in the side of her breastplate, near her ribs, which she didn't seem to notice. She didn't seem to feel the pain. She didn't seem to care...about any of it.

The wayward warrior swung her leg over the side of her horse, dropping to her feet.

Thranduil, the relatively new King of the Woodland Realm, had been standing in the center of the room of weaponry. He was preparing Greenwood's guard for patrol; however, at the sighed of her, his attention changed and he clenched his jaw in irritation.

"Where were you?" he questioned. Not only his tone showing his anger, but his body language doing so as well.

Deep in the corridors of his mind, however, he already knew the answer to the question he asked.

"The human invaders near the eastern side of the forest won't be a problem anymore," she stated coolly, pulling her bag off her horse and refusing to make eye contact with her leader.

"I didn't give you orders permitting you to go outside of the gates," Thranduil snapped harshly. "And I most certainly did not give any indication for you to attack."

(Y/N) walked towards him, slightly limping. When she halted, however, there was almost no distance left between them.

With a sneering tone, she replied. "You don't control what I can and can't do. I do whatever I wish to."

He grinded his teeth as rage began to burn into his blood. "I am your commander. You are required to obey my orders. Considering, as a woman, you shouldn't be allowed to fight, disobeying is not a way in which you keep your status."