2: The Miscalculated Whittled Elk [Legolas X Reader]

A.N: So I've been having terrible writers block and you guys were totally right: I needed to change my scenery and switch up my topic. Hence why I decided to take a mini break from my fanfic and write this Drabble/Imagine/One Shot or whatever you want to call it.

Request: ​from tumblr - hi there! Can I request a Legolas X Fem Elf Reader where she's in love with him and does something to initiate a courting between them but Legolas turned her down because he thought he was in love with Tauriel just to find out that it's actually the reader he's in love with? but she already left Greenwood because of heartbreak & may be planning to sail to the undying lands? Thank you!

Summary: (Y/N) confesses her love to Legolas after BOTFA but his emotions and mind is clouded by recent events. Happy Ending :)

Word Count: 1,456

Warnings: rejection, fluff, cuteness

.....

The Miscalculated Whittled Elk

It was almost dusk; the sun was setting and the colors of the sky peaked through the leaves of the forest of Greenwood. The pink, orange, and purple ethereal light reflected off the water droplets that had collected among the branches from the day's rain.

(Y/N), an member of the Mirkwood Guard, sat high in the branches of an old oak tree. She listened to the sound of nature as she whittled wood with her silver knife. The birds were singing and the gentle breeze that brushed through the air provided a space of tranquility. She gently pressed her blade against the dark spruce wood that she held nimbly in her hand. With impeccable accuracy she drug the sharp mental against it; a thin sliver pealed off and fell to the ground below her.

She continued the process until the spruce wood took the shape of an elk. She smiled softly at her work.

(Y/N)'s childhood confidant, Prince Legolas, would be returning home from fighting a battle between five armies with his father and most of the Mirkwood guard. He had been gone for many moons and his absence revealed to her the feelings of her heart. She was always quite fond of him but over the years the platonic friendship began to alter into something deeper. She had made up her mind that she could not conceal her emotions any longer. She decided it was time to unveil her affection.

The elleth heard the loud blare of the Greenwood horn indicating the arrival of the kingdom's fighting force.

(Y/N) felt her heart pound faster at the thought of seeing her friend again. She placed her knife back in her weapon's belt and held the small elk in one hand. She easily swung down from the tree and took off in a sprint towards the castle.

She arrived slightly out of breath and full of adrenaline. She gazed at the beat up and bruised warriors warily walking through the gates. She had missed one hell of a fight. Her eyes eventually laid on the blue eyed Prince and a smile crossed her lips.

She pushed through the worn out elven warriors until she was face to face with her friend. He stopped moving and looked down at her, for he was quite a bit taller.

"Legolas! I am glad to see you well!"

His eyes seemed dull and his jaw was clenched. His face was one of utter disinterest and disappointment.

(Y/N) faltered. The battle must have been rough for he was not his usual joyful and content self. She thought maybe her gift would bring him some happiness.

As the two elves stood still in the mob of disgruntled warriors, (Y/N) lifted the whittled elk up towards her chest.

She glanced down at it before looking up once again into the blue pools of uncertainty and confusion.