2K 138 14

___________
Antonio's pov.
_________________

I had the biggest smile on my face as we hung up the phone with Juliette. She's the breath of fresh air my husband and myself need. She's the only person in the entire world around who we can be ourselves, our inner children come out to play around her.

"Doctor Kim"

"Yes" I said looking up

"The board is waiting for you sir" my assistant said before walking off. I remember a time when I fought with my husband over the whole assistant thing and looking back at everything she has helped me with, I have to admit the fucker was right. I didn't want an assistant back then because when I held interviews, all of them were practically naked.

I've always loved helping people so after I helped Minjun start up his business, he helped me start my medical clinic, which is where we first met Jules, and that clinic grew into the amazing hospital it is now. I decided to name it after our mothers because what is a world without mothers.

We've had our fair share of fights, we still do, and disagreements but he's been there for me in so many ways that I've lost count. I loved my husband when I met him while still working at a coffee shop when I was 18 and I still love him now at 27. He was there when I lost my mother and remained with me when I tried to help my father get sober. There is nothing in this world I would change about him cause even with the headaches he gives me, he is one of a kind.

"Good evening Doctors" I said walking into the boardroom
"Let's begin"

...

I love my job.
I swear I love my job but the paperwork part of it is a bitch, you know why... because it's nearly midnight and I'm still at work.

"Come on love" I looked up and saw Minjun standing at my door with his arms open

"But I have to work"

"I told you not to sleep in this morning" he replied making me glare at him

"Who's the fucking reason my body couldn't function in the morning" I said making him chuckle

"Don't focus on the past baby" he said walking toward me
"Let's go home"

"But I... Minjun!" I yelled as he picked me up and carried me out of my office before somehow locking it. He did put me down before my colleagues saw me because, even though I don't mind being in his arms, he claims being seen carried out by another man will make the people who work for you respect you less than they did before.

Although gay marriages are accepted in some parts of the world, the fact that it is gay makes you seem like an easier target to disrespect. Even though I have been told and know that I'm intimidating, I am grateful for having a forever scolding tattooed scarier than sin giant for a husband because he's the reason I'm yet to have my capabilities questioned just because I'm married to a man. This mother fucker shuts a room down by just being in it.

"Should I set an alarm 1 hour before the ceremony just to make sure I wake up on time?" I asked him once we got into the car

"That, my love, is the smartest thing you've said in a while" he said making me gasp and punch his arm while he chuckled
"Want a massage when we get home?"

"Yeah that'd be nice" I said and felt my eyes begin to close on their own the moment he began driving...

I opened my eyes and saw the sun.
I overslept
Just as I was about to freak out I remembered that I cleared my schedule to go to Juliette's graduation ceremony. I texted my assistant and asked her to take care of the rest of the files I left last night only to be told I did everything and was already working on something new, which freaked me out.