hogsmeade

Neoma was growing accustomed to her new life as an outsider. 

Even Narcissa, who had been her dear friend for so long, was noticeably distancing herself. Lucius was saying such negative things about Neoma's fraternization with Gryffindors - mudbloods, even - and she didn't want to upset him. Neoma was slowly being deemed a blood traitor by her peers. 

It hurt, of course. She'd known these people for so long - most of them had seen her at her absolute lowest point. She held Narcissa in high regard, though she wasn't surprised when the girl chose Lucius over her. Narcissa was beautiful and kind and loyal, but only to a point. She wouldn't risk her entire reputation - possibly future - for one person. 

She still sat with them at meals, but no one spoke to her, and she didn't speak to them. She would just eat as fast as she could before exiting. 

Sometimes she'd even opt to go to the kitchens. Gilie had warmed up to her by now, and was happy to make Neoma a meal to her liking whenever being upstairs was too overwhelming. 

Remus and Lily noticed how Neoma no longer sat with her house in classes, and how they ignored her presence at meals. They tried to speak with her more often, which Neoma thought was very kind of them. She would sometimes sit with them in the library, and she'd help Remus on his Potions project when he needed it. Making a potion to change the colour of flowers was proving to be more complex than either of them thought, seeing as neither was an expert in herbology. 

Neoma was both alone and lonely, but she was used to it. The Nott household was never bustling with people, and her father was usually off on some mission for Voldemort. Her new state of friendlessness would not stop her from going to Hogsmeade, though. In fact she was rather looking forward to it; she needed a break from the castle. 

She wore a fur-lined cloak, tied together with a pretty green bow as she made her way across the snow-covered grounds. Fuzzy earmuffs covered her ears, and her dark hair whipped across her face. A group of students would occasionally walk by, throwing snowballs at each other or rambling on about random things. Neoma smiled sadly, and looked up at the gray sky in thought. 

She always liked the snow. No matter where you were, it would transform the landscape into something pure and beautiful. 

Her first stop was, oddly, Madame Puddifoot's Tea Shop. After her cold walk she craved something warm, and their pastries were always perfectly flaky. 

She ignored the odd stares she received as she sat alone, sipping on a tea and picking at a cherry danish. There was something empowering about the whole scenario, and she tried to embrace it as best as she could.

Next she visited Tomes and Scrolls, eager to check out their selection on potion-making theory. She was completely throwing herself into her Potions project, happy for the distraction it provided her. She figured she'd look around for some herbology books that might help Remus, as well. 

A couple of books found a home in her arms. She paid the shopkeeper and shoved them into the paper bag he provided before stepping out onto the streets again. 

Narcissa was hanging onto Lucius's arm, laughing lightly at something Brityn said. Ernest Parkinson had his arm thrown across the eldest Crabbe's shoulders, and Regulus was chatting along with Axel Pucey. 

Neoma's gaze caught Narcissa's, who gave her a tiny smile before turning back to her friends. Neoma chewed on her lip, eyes darting around for the next shop she'd visit. 

Honeydukes caught her attention immediately. Sweets were clearly a weak spot for her, and she walked toward the bustling shop.

Licorice wands, ice mice, cauldron cakes, pepper imps, and the like were exploding from every corner of the store. The interior was warm and smelled sweet, and plenty of students were grabbing fist-fulls of their favorite goodies for purchase. Neoma's legs carried her toward the case of chocolate-themed candies.