Chapter 4

"Anthony, what is going on?" Addison questions as Berbrooke starts coming towards the two families. "I'm not sure yet," Anthony responds as he stands next to Addison. "I bring cheerful news Bridgertons,I have taken matters into my own hands and sought a special licence for my wedding to Miss Bridgerton," Berbrooke says. "There is to be no wedding as Anthony stated the other day Berbrooke," Addison says as she steps up. "Maybe you should keep your business out of others, Miss Wilson," Berbrooke says as he takes a step closer to Addison. "That is my fiance you are speaking to so I would tell you to step away from her as Addison already said there is to be no wedding," Anthony says as he steps in front of me and Violet. "I have a Bridgerton and I shall save her as well as her family of the ruin of you could not protect them," Berbrooke says as he slams a paper in Anthony's chest. I look forward of the union of our great families," He says before he takes his leave.

"Daphne don't worry we will figure out a way you will not have to marry him," Addison says as she hugs Daphne tightly. "I must issue my challenge to Berbrooke straight away. I've been properly trained in the matter. I know the rules that follow..." Anthony starts as I look at him in disbelief. "You are not to duel Berbrooke do you understand me," Violet says to Anthony. "Anthony listen to your mother for once in your life we will figure out how to get Daphne out of this but getting yourself killed or Berbrooke as much as we would all love to see it won't be the answer. "It is not a solution I shall have to marry Nigel Berbrooke," Daphne says as Addison wraps her arms around her.

"Anthony there will be a way to figure this out," Addison says as she sits at one of the chairs in Anthony's office. "I'm not so sure of that Addison but I know one thing," Anthony says looking in thought. "And what is that?" Addison says. "We shall get married as soon as possible," Anthony says looking straight into Addison's eyes. "Anthony, what are you talking about?" Addison says. "If anything that has happened these past days is that we shall get married soon before this disaster," Anthony says as he begins to stand in front of Addison. "Anthony, you said we could wait, you know how I am with this whole marriage," Addison says looking down. "I know but I will make a vow to you right now I promise to protect you, to honour you, take care of you and never hurt you," Anthony says as he goes to his knees in front of Addison. "And when are you thinking of doing this wedding?" Addison asks. "End of the week," Anthony says. "End of the week," Addison says "Wouldn't it be suspicious of us getting married so soon to Daphne?" "We were engaged first. I am going to Aubrey Hall tonight to retrieve my mother's ring. "Besides we know your father is ill and he wants to be there for the wedding," Anthony says. "Okay," Addison says. "But I do have a question for you Anthony?" "And what would that be?" Anthony asks as he sits in front of her. "Are we sharing a bedroom? Or would we be sleeping in separate rooms?" Addison asks. "I would like for us to share a bedroom," Anthony says as he takes a sip of his drink. "Okay," Addison says. "I shall leave now to get the ring. I will be back sometime tomorrow," Anthony says as he walks Addison out. "I will see you tomorrow," Addison says. "Good night," Anthony says before the two go in their separate carriages.

"Anthony for what I owe the pleasure," Addison says as Anthony comes into the room. "I have received my mother's ring," Anthony says as he goes up to Addiosn and puts the ring on her finger. "Perfect fit," Addison says smiling softly. "It is," Anthony says. "I bet you've heard that Berbrooke is gone," Addison says. "Yes I did, I suppose it was my mother's doing," Anthony says. "Yes I believe so," Addison says. "I've talked to your father and before I came I required the licence for our marriage," Anthony says. "And when will this wedding be?" Addison questions. "Two days," Anthony says. "I see well I guess I must go get a dress then maybe I'll invite your mother and sister," Addison says. "I think that would be lovely,"Anthony states. "Wonderful," Addison says before she leaves to fetch her mother to get a dress. "Seems like you will be family very soon," Tom says as he comes into the room Anthony is in. "Yes it seems so," Anthony replies. "My brother and I are aware of the mistress you once had and if we hear that you are getting another or visit the old one we will tell our sister we don't want you to be making a mockery of her," Tom says. "I promise you that I have no reason to see her or any other women again. I promise I will remain faithful to your sister,'' Anthony replies. "Good because if you aren't I will request a duel if you dishonour her in any way," Tom says before leaving the room.

"I simply cannot believe that you and Anthony are getting married so soon," Violet says as we pick out fabrics. "My father is not getting any better and I know it's his wish to see me married before he passes so Anthony decided to do it as soon as possible,"Addison says. "Do you love my brother?" Daphne asks as Addison is being measured. "No but I can see myself one day," Addison says. "Then why should you ever marry him if you don't love him?" Daphne asks. "I wouldn't chose a husband so my father did for me Daphne and he happened to first pick the one that I can have a conversation with," Addison says as they soon begin to leave the modiste. "Yes, well have you and Lord Bridgerton spoken about children?" Veronica asks. "Yes we will have at least one of how many we are to have we've decided we can discuss after we are married," Addison says as they are seated in the carriage. "I just can't believe that Anthony is to be married," Daphne says. "I am surprised he agreed to marry me as well," Addison says.