Chapter 6

"Good morning Viscountess Bridgerton," Anthony says as he kisses her neck before Addison turns around to kiss her new husband. "Good morning Viscount Bridgerton," Addison says. "You know I understand why Mama's keep this away from their daughters now," Addison says smiling before kissing Anthony again. "Hmm," Anthony replies. "But if we were to have daughters when they are of age I want them to know," Addison replies. "Of course you would," Anthony replies, kissing her head. "We should stay in bed until the ball later," Addison says. "I couldn't agree more Viscountess," Anthony replies.

"Well well well look who decided to come down," Benedict says smirking. "Hush you," Anthony replies before getting Addison a drink. "We have a ball later do we not," Addison replies before looking at Daphne. "We certainly do come with me to get ready sister," Daphne replies. "Why of course sister," Addison says before putting down he rcup and following her new sister. "Well you two look cozy," Benedict replies. "Benedict this is not proper conversation," Violet snaps. "Why of course mother," Benedict says before leaving the room.

"Anthony, did you hear that a prince is coming to town?" Addison asks as they walk inside. "Why no? Why do you want to leave me so soon?" Anthony questions with a smirk. "Why of course not my lord," Addison says smirking as the promenade beside the dancers. "Oh look there is Hastings and Daphne," Addison says. "Yes it seems so," Replies Anthony as we watch as the queen walks around with the prince. "Lets visit them," Addison says before dragging him over. "Well if it isn't the newly weds," Daphne says smiling at the two. "Hello dear sister, Hastings." Anthony says. "Bridgerton Lady Bridgerton," Simon says smiling. "Oh well looks like the queen is coming over," Addison says as she moves to stand next to Daphne. "Prince Friedrich, this is the young lady I was telling you about The season's diamond," The queen says as they stand in front of Daphne. "Lovely to meet you Miss Bridgerton your gown is lovely," The prince says to Daphne as Anthony and Addison begin to move away from the three. "Oh Lord Bridgerton it seems that no one has decided to let their queen know that they are to be married," The Queen says as Anthony and Addison move back to the queen before giving her a deep curtise and bow. "Why your majesty it was just a very small ceremony with just our family in attendance," Anthony replies. "I see," the queen replies back.

"Anthony," Addison calls as she barges into his study. "What's the matter?" Anthony questions as he sees tears in Addison's eyes. "It's my father we need to go to their house now," Addison says as Anthony follows her to the carriage. "What has happened?" Anthony asks as they ride. "All my mother said was that he has gotten worse and that we should go over to say our goodbyes," Said Addison. "I'm so sorry," Anthony says. "You promised me with Isabella , do you tend to keep it,"Addiosn says. "Of course," Anthony replies. "She might need to stay with us for a while as I don't want her to see the state mother would be in," Addison replies. "She is more than welcome to come," Anthony says as he hold Addioson's hand.

"Papa," Addison says as she rushes to his bedside. "Shouldn't you be at the opera?" Henry questioned. "Why would I want to be at an opera when my father is dying," Addison says as she holds his hand. "Addison you must promise me you will look after your mother and sister," Henry says as he holds onto her hands. "Has Isabella come to see you she must," Addison says. "No she hasn't," Henry replied. "Father please have her say goodbye she needs to see you alive one last time please," Addison says as she starts to cry. "Of course dearest," Henry says. "I'll go get her," Anthony says as he rushes out of the room. "You are to take care of yourself, do you hear me?' Henry says as he looks upon his oldest daughter. "I promise papa I promise," Addison says as the door opens and Anthony Isabella Veronica Tom and andrew. "Papa," cried Isabella as Anthony placed her on the bed then she hugged her father. "You can't leave me, I thought you were well," Cried Isabella as Veronica took a seat next to her husband. "There are lots of things we keep from you my dearest but know that I love you. I love every single one of you and I'm sorry," The Viscount says before he takes his last breath and the hysterical crying between the youngest daughter and Viscountess.

"I am so sorry for your loss,"Anthony says. "Anthony I think it's best you take my sister home," Andrew says. "Of course," Anthony says before going to Addiosn. "Wait,"Vernoica says. "Yes, mother," Addison says. "Take your sister with you," Veronica says. "Of course mother," Addison says as Anthony goes over to the girl and picks her up from her dead father hold. "No anthony don't," Isabella cried as she hugged Anthony.

The carriage ride was silent as they waited for them to return to Bridgerton house where Anthony puts a sleeping Isabella in a room right next to the Viscount and Viscountess. "Are you alright?" Anthony asks as he sees Addison in his office. "No," replies Addison as she sips some liquor. "Maybe you should rest. I'll stay up a little to check on Isabella," Anthony says. "I don't wish to sleep Anthony," Replied Addison as Violet comes in. "Why is dear Isabella sleeping over tonight?" Violet questions as Addiosn's lip begins to quiver. "What has happened?" Violet asks as she bends down to hug Addison. "My father died tonight," Addison replies before she starts to cry. "Oh dearest I'm so sorry," Violet says as she hugs the girl looking at Anthony. "We knew he was sick for some time, Mother," Anthony replies. "I think we should get you to bed," Violet says as she takes the glass out of Addison's hand and brings her to her bedroom. Soon after Anthony takes a walk in the halls going to the room Isabella is sleeping in and steps in to see her crying. "What are you doing awake?" Anthony questioned as he sat at the end of the bed. "I couldn't sleep," replies Isabella. "Come here," Anthony says as she goes to her brother in law embrace and soon Anthony picks her up and brings her to his room. "Brother what happened?" Benedict questioned as he saw a crying Isabella. "Their father passed tonight," Anthony says before going into his room, shutting the door. "Oh you poor girl," Violet says as she see's Isabella in Anthony's arms. "I'm going to have her sleep in here with us. I remember Addison told me when she can't sleep she sleeps in bed with her," Anthony replies before putting Isabella in the middle as she clings onto Addison as they both drift off to sleep.

"You go mother I'll be here with them," Anthony replies before Violet leaves the room and Anthony changes and goes to lay in bed spooning the two so they are in his arms as little Isabella cries herself into Addiosn's chest.