11- S🅱️inalla

🏎 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Bologna, Italy🏎 

Dakota's POV

"Morning, Kota," Lando grinned, giving me a fistbump as he entered the paddock.

"Morning, how was the flight?"

"Really nice actually, I slept for most of it," he shrugged, making me laugh.

We were back in Italy for the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, also known as Imola.

It was a cold and wet week in Bologna, Italy.

Alessandro had mentioned the change in weather, predicting a wet weekend for the race. It would be the first wet race of the season. The clouds were grey and cast a gloomy feeling over the paddock as I walked down to the garage.

Imola included an interesting change in format- it was a Sprint Weekend. 

Qualifying had finished on Friday, with Lando setting an amazing lap to get him to P3. Max had won the sprint race yesterday and Alessandro had snagged P2. 

It would be quite an interesting race, especially if the rain came down in the final few laps. I was feeling quite good about it because Lando was decent in the rain, as was Carlos. I was just hoping the car could perform as well as the drivers.

I could spot Alessandro's tall figure anywhere, the bright red race suit standing out in the crowd of dark raincoats. 

He was giving a pre race interview to a reporter. 

Lando in his typical manner decided to scare Alessandro and jumped him from behind, interrupting their conversation. 

"You muppet, you look like a walking red flag. Dunno what Kota see's in you," Lando remarked. His eyes widened and he slapped his hand over his mouth. 

"Thanks Lando," Alessandro rolled his eyes, playing it off. The reporter didn't seem to notice and seemed to be enjoying the chaotic content the two former teammates were providing.

Alessandro's gaze fell on me and he smiled, making my skin feel warm. 

Lando quickly took his spot and the reporter eagerly began to ask him a few questions. 

"You look cozy," he said, glancing at the three layers of jackets I was wearing.

"Hey, it's cold," I huffed, crossing my arms.

"Walk with me to the garage?" he asked, tilting his head. 

How can I say no to you?

 I nodded and was about to turn to walk down the pitlane when a girl approached. 

She towered over me, almost at Alessandro's height in a pair of heeled boots. Her long caramel coloured hair was pin straight and tumbled down to her waist.

There was a number of celebrities in the paddock this weekend, some of which I didn't even know. Including this girl who introduced herself in Italian. 

"Hi, I'm Vanessa," she smiled coyly, reaching out to shake Alessandro's hand.

I stood stiffly in the corner, refraining from intervening.

"Alessandro, but you knew that already," he smiled.

No doubt his charming smile had her on cloud nine.

"I know that silly," she giggled, rolling her eyes.

I watched their interaction carefully. Alessandro must've felt my gaze because his eyes looked past her shoulder, connecting with mine. He raised a brow to which I shrugged, mockingly twirling my hair.