13 - Do it For Me

🏎 Miami, Florida 🏎 

"Oh and that's a big crash indeed! Pierre Gasly in the Alpha Tauri has just crashed into the McLaren of Lando Norris!"

"That was a nasty impact, I hope they're okay."

"Yeah, that blind corner has been a point of concern all weekend. The potential for an incident like this happening was fairly high."

"Gasly is moving around in the car which is a good sign that we were all hoping for. However, there is no sign of any movement in the Mclaren."

Alessandro sat in his car with his visor half shut. 

His chest was rising up and down in a rapid rhythm. He had given up trying to catch a glimpse of the footage on the big screens. They were too far away to see from his spot in the pitlane. 

He watched as team members rushed over to their drivers, the cooling fans immediately in place to prevent overheating. 

Charles emerged from the Ferrari in front of him and immediately removed the helmet from his head. He spoke in a haphazard manner with his engineer, his movements rushed. 

Suddenly, everything clicked and Alessandro fumbled to unbuckle his seatbelt. 

"Alessandro, sbrigati," Adami said, beckoning his driver to hurry into the garage. 

Aaron was waiting for him as soon as he got out of the car, but Alessandro was looking down the row of cars for someone else. 

Dakota's hands were shaking as she handed Carlos a bottle of water. 

His skin was a blanched shade of white as the blood drained from his face. His eyes were wide and unblinking, clearly in a state of shock. 

"Is he okay?"

"I- I don't know. They're getting him out of the car now an-"

"Did he say anything?"

"I don't know, they've just got to hi-"

"Dakota, is he responsive?"

Dakota sighed, her teary eyes meeting his gaze. That was all Carlos needed to know what had happened. 

He cursed under his breath, running a hand through his hair. 

Alessandro pushed through the crowd of mechanics and made his way to the Spaniard dressed in blue. The only McLaren remaining on the grid. 

Dakota craned her neck, trying to find the tall brunet in the crowd. Now more than ever, she just needed to see his face- hear his voice. But he was nowhere to be seen.

"Alé! I'm so glad you're okay!"

Alessandro was caught off guard when the brunette threw her arms around him. He didn't know how to react and for a few moments, just stood there before patting her back awkwardly. 

"I'm fine, just a little shaken up," he said, forcing a small smile. 

"Mio Dio, that was a horrible crash," she sighed, reaching up to run a hand through his hair. 

Alessandro did everything he could not to flinch away from his touch and maintain a placid expression on his face. 

"Are you hurt?"

"No. I'm fine. Now if you'll excuse me Vanessa, I need to speak to Aaron," Alessandro said. 

Without waiting for a response, he disappeared out the back of the garage.