16 - Boiling in Barcelona

Alessandro's POV

Another fucking DNF.

I was cursed.

There was someone out there plotting my demise. Someone giving me the evil eye.

I was sure of it.

A growl of frustration left my lips as I threw my gloves at the wall of my driver room.

Aaron silently moved across the room to retrieve an ice pack and bottle of chilled water from the fridge.

"Monaco next. You'll get them
next time."

He had a point. It was early in the season.

But I just couldn't let go of the fact that I would be leading the championship had I finished in front of Charles today. But instead it left me with a 30 point deficit to my teammate.

I would have to settle for P3 now that Max had jumped ahead to take my P2.

Granted CHARLES didn't have the most reliable record in Monaco, I knew he was the favorite to win it this year.

I would never wish badly upon someone, especially not my teammate. But only time will tell.

That championship trophy was so close, yet so far. The hunger to win burned in my veins.

Know your enemy; know yourself. Your victory will never be endangered.

My biggest enemy was my own teammate. And I knew Charles' style of racing like the back of my hand.

The only question was:

Did I really know myself?

———————————————————

Third Person's POV

Dakota's heart was racing.

She took off her shoes and placed her phone and wallet on the table by the door of the hotel.

"Tough day at the office," she greeted with a small smile.

"Tough day? It was a crap, fucking shit awful day at the office," Alessandro replied, quoting Toto Wolff.

"Monaco up next, you always do well at that track."

"I had a DNF last season," he frowned.

"No, I meant like in F2."

"Oh. Oh wait, you're right," he chuckled sheepishly.

"You're so dumb sometimes,"Dakota laughed, shaking her head as she sat on the barstool.

The granite counter was cooling against her hot skin as she leaned against it.

"Any news on Lando?"

"He's doing well, I'm going to pay him a visit before the race in Monaco."

"He has an apartment there, no?"

Dakota nodded, removing the hair clip from her hair.

"George seemed to be alright today. He was a bit sore but recovering pretty decently," Alessandro nodded.

It had been two weeks since the accident and George had been given the all clear to race.

Lando on the other hand was still suffering from bruising and his collarbone had yet to heal completely.

But it's safe to say he was relatively excited to be watching the Monaco Grand Prix from his apartment balcony with all the snacks he desired.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Alessandro piped up, "Isn't your flight later today?"