Hot chocolate

Hermione x fem!reader

FLUFF NEAR END

Summary - Reader is having a bad and Hermione knows just what she should do although quite late.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Potions Class was by far the only subject you were great in but today it all had to go down. Stirring anti-clockwise when told to do it opposite and forgetting to add the powdered root of asphodel was a great mistake. Professor Slughorn had given you the disappointed look and lecture that plagued your nightmares and will forever continue.

Letting out a shuddering breath, you held the books tight against your chest, leaving the Potions class embarrassed and dragging your feet to the Gryffindor common room.

After a particularly rough day it was common for you to be seen in the arms of your beloved girlfriend - Hermione Granger - no matter what. Although you were a year younger than her, she always managed to find time for you.

"Florence asphodel," You mumbled the words that surfaced your mind first.

The fat lady shook her head, "That's the wrong password, go again,"

"You know I have been here for five years now!" You argued.

"That doesn't matter. Tell the correct password and enjoy your day,"

"Oh, this is absurd!" You threw your hands in the air, "Fairy bezoar." She shook her head again and made a noise of disapproval.

A first-year watching your struggled awkwardly mumbled, "Its Lairy Fights,"

"Of course!" The portrait opened itself and the little kid stuttered inside. With your jaw dropped in disbelief you walked into the common room.

You were physically taken aback to see Hermione in a deep conversation with Ron, even ignoring Harry's attempts to speak to her. You scrunched your eyebrows, you were not Harry, you were her girlfriend, of course, she wouldn't ignore you.

"Hermione, you know tod-" You started to tell her about your day before she cut you short with a simple 'hey' and continued listening intently to what Ron had to talk about...quidditch!

She hated quidditch and rarely actually listened to you, just looked at you and nodded pretending as though she knew what you had been talking about.

"Hermione-!" you called again.

"But! But that doesn't exactly allow you to make a shot that cost your life!" She yelled angrily at Ron.

You whipped your head to look at Harry who's been staring at the situation knowing very well there would be a rise of such incident.

He stood up from his spot and walked towards you. "How about you go freshen up and by the time she will be free?"

He wrapped an arm around your shoulder guiding you to the girls' dorm as he calmly whispered and rubbed your shoulder.

Yet, by the time you returned, Hermione and Ron were still in a deep conversation. Harry stood before the couch where they, his arms folded before his chest. He grimaced apologetically when he saw you.

You sighed, taking a seat behind Hermione, hoping you could gain her attention, "Hermione,"

Without looking back she said, "One sec- No, Ron! That's not how it works! Why would you want to have your bones broken!?"

You wrapped your arms around her waist trying to find comfort in her. Suddenly, Ron's voice was annoying, Hermione's hand movements that you always loved was disturbing, quidditch was irritating, hugging someone from behind was frustrating and you felt extremely uncomfortable.

You huffed, harshly pulling away from Hermione and rushed to your dormitory, evidently disturbing the shell Hermione had around her, making her aware of your situation after a minute or so.

She cursed loudly, stumbling to get up from the couch and running to the dormitory after you, ignoring the laughter of Ron and Harry.

When she burst into your dorm which thankfully was free, she was met with a sight that she almost always loved. You were wrapped in your or more like her fluffy white blanket that you managed to steal from your last visit to her dorm.

Hermione smirked leaning against the door frame, looking at your pouting face, "You know, if I were you, I would have turned to the opposite side,"

"I don't care," you huffed, pulling the blanket over your head covering your face.

You could hear Hermione chuckle as she sauntered over to your four-poster on the far corner of the room. The thud of shoes hitting the ground echoed mildly in the room for the two of you being the only occupants.

The bed, however, dipped behind you and cold air hit your arm as she pulled the blankets over herself too.

"Had a bad day?" Hermione whispered gently, her palm supporting her head as the other hand gently ran through your hair.

The urge to stay mad at her broke the second her fingertips met your hair. You immediately turned around, wrapping your arm around her torso and buried your head in her thick brown curls, "Yeah," you mumbled into her neck.

Hermione sighed, "It's all going to be OK,"
"I hope it does," You snuggled more closer to her. Hermione reached behind her, whipping her wand out and opening the curtains allowing the cool breeze to fill the room.

"Wanna tell me what happened?" She asked, gently.

"Not now," You muttered, quietly but she heard it and sighed. Suddenly, an idea popped into her mind, "Do you want to go get some hot chocolate?" She asked, knowing exactly what made your day better.

Your eyes perked up to meet hers at her suggestion, "Yes!" You said enthusiastically.

Hermione watched, laughing as you hurried out of the bed pulling on your favourite cardigan and beckoning her to join you as though nothing was wrong with the day. A gentle smile formed on her lips as she got up from the bed, intertwining her hand with your inviting ones. She would make all of this ok.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Credits to "sirisuorionblack"