Lovers instead

Hermione x fem!reader

summary: y/n finally tells her best friend that she loves her.

warnings: steaminess ig (it's kinda intense) kinda dom!reader (if you that makes sense cus there's no smut) heated kissing/making out, french kissing, fluff at the end.

<based on the song 'Jenny' by Studio Killers.>

---————————————————————————

Y/n has had feelings for her best friend for 2 years. It started in year 3 when they were at Hogsmeade. Hermione had laughed at one of y/n's jokes, causing an eruption of butterflies. She beamed every time she hears Hermione's name. She had never felt like that about Hermione before. It took months to figure out what she was feeling, and once she did she couldn't help but feel sad, knowing the girl she had a crush on had eyes for a certain Weasley.

But last year Cedric died in the tournament. He was y/n's friend. And from that, she realized that she couldn't waste any time. Any on of her friends could die at any moment. She had to tell Hermione this year.

Then, the opportunity arose. Her and Hermione were alone in the common room. Hermione was studying and y/n was reading. She kept getting distracted by Hermione's presence. Blood rushed to her face as she studied Hermione's features. Her furrowed eyebrows, her slightly pursed lips, the way her eyes shined under the light of the fire. It was all too much. She couldn't contain herself.

She stood up from the couch, slowly walking behind Hermione. Y/n sat down behind her, Hermione oblivious to the whole thing. Y/n placed her hands on the base of Hermione's neck and started to massage the girl's shoulders. "You need a break from studying 'Mione. We already know everything that hag's teaching us, especially you." She said sweetly.

Hermione stiffened slightly as her hands moved slightly down to the upper part of her chest. "Y/n, what are you doing?" Hermione's face flushed as y/n leaned close to her ear, her thumbs still working her neck.

"You need to destress. Doesn't this feel nice?" She whispered. Hermione stayed silent and relaxed into y/n's touch. Y/n took the opportunity to try and sneakily move her hands down the valley of Hermione's chest. Hermione blushed even more, and stiffened slightly.

"Y/n-" She turned around to face y/n. She didn't understand what suddenly influenced her best friends behaviour. "What-?" Y/n grabbed Hermione's chin with her index finger and thumb.

"Hermione, darling..." she smirked at Hermione's speechless figure. She started to feel excited at Hermione's reaction. She always thought Hermione was into Ron. Maybe she still is. But y/n's too motivated by Hermione's lack of reaction to care.

"Y-yeah?" Hermione asked quietly.

"You're my best friend. But- there's a few things that you don't know of." Y/n started, bringing Hermione's face slightly closer. She hummed in response staring in to y/n's eyes. "Why I borrow your lipstick so often... I'm using your shirt as a pillow case..." Y/n suddenly let go of Hermione's face but it stayed in it's place. "I wanna ruin our friendship." Y/n said, a smirk still on her face. Hermione frowned and slightly backed away, feeling hurt. Was y/n just teasing her before 'dumping her'?

Y/n didn't even know what was making her say all this. Before Hermione could get away any further, y/n grabbed her face again and leaned next to her ear, their cheeks touching. Hermione flushed again, as well as y/n. "We should be lovers instead." she whispered. Hermione's eyes widened for a second. She softly pushed y/n away and stared at her smiling face.

"Y/n..." Hermione's eyes flickered down to y/n's lips for a split second. "I-I didn't know you felt like this... but I like Ron-"

"No you don't."

"What? What do you mean I don't?" Hermione asked slightly offended.

"Your body language is a big tell." Hermione still looked unamused so y/n elaborated, "Your flushed face," she pressed a hand to Hermione's face and passed her thumb over the girl's red cheek. "Your speechless expression," y/n's smirk widened at Hermione's still wide eyes from when she felt y/n's hand on her cheek. "The way your eyes flickered to my lips a few moments ago."

"I-" Hermione tried.

"Ron doesn't make you feel this way, does he?" Y/n leaned closer to Hermione's face. Hermione slightly shook her head, following y/n's lead. After what felt like forever, their lips connected. What started as soft became passionate and desperate.

Y/n was right, Hermione had never felt this way about Ron. She had become too engrossed in the idea of a goofy, kind boyfriend to realize that she beamed every time y/n laughed, flushed at every touch of her hand, mentioned her in every conversation.

Hermione wrapped her arms around y/n's neck and pulled her closer. Y/n, captivated by the kiss, slipped her tongue into Hermione's mouth. Hermione hummed desperately at the action and tangled her hands in y/n's hair, tugging at it. It went on for minutes more, feeling like hours, until finally, they pulled away breathing heavily.

"Wow..." Hermione said breathlessly. Y/n smiled and pushed Hermione's hair behind her ear.

"I'm in love with you, Hermione." Hermione beamed,

"I think I am too." Y/n raised an eyebrow,

"You're in love with yourself?" She said jokingly. Hermione chuckled.

"No, I mean- I'm in love with you too." Y/n pressed her forehead against Hermione's and placed her hand on her face, the bushy-haired girl doing the same.

"Well, good for me, then."
——————————————————————————
Credits to "crytalsoobin-m"