[{ Four }]

I slowly open my eyes, I lift my hand up feeling as if my entire bed is covered in water, I sit up and look down and see my bed covered in sweat, clearly, I was not ready for the warmth of the non-knee, I get up and turn on a light, checking the time it does indeed say 3:49 am. I put my uniform on, grab my mask and my staff, and head out to the training area.

I go out there but then I hear some more sounds than just my feet hitting the ground, someone else here is out here with me, they are also training, I pray it's not the golden guard hoping I won't have to interact with him more, I slowly turn the corner and see him standing there with his staff practicing his skills, it's the golden guard, I let a little too loud of a sigh and he notices me, he turns he attention to me. "didn't know you'd be out here, I thought you would have slept as long as possible" he says in a playful voice and puts his finger and his side of his mask where his cheek is and starts twisting it.

"I would've if the stench of you leaving your room didn't wake me up" I quickly snap back, putting a playful voice to match his, also this was a lie he didn't actually smell all that bad, good even, but I just wanted to be rude to get back at him.

"well I apologize that you've been having struggles, but if so why be here when I am here?" he says still trying to keep up the banter

"Because I could blast water at you and maybe you might be decent" sure that is a weak argument, but I just needed something to get back, then suddenly I see the golden guard make a battle stance.

"then let's have a duel." 

what? a witch's duel? right here?  right now? but I gotta think, If I can win against him I'll definitely have a shot at being the next golden guard so I spin my staff from one hand to the other and get into a battle stance "let's."

I step out onto the grass part that he's on and get in place, we both make our stances and get ready, the air is tense before the battle starts, I feel as if he's grinning through his mask waiting for him to call the time to fight, I just stare him down, feeling nervous because if he beats me I will not take it well, and I might never get his position, but no thinking about this I gotta focus and if I'm not fo- "NOW!"

The golden Guard screams the words now stopping me in the middle of my thinking almost as if he knew what I was thinking, he starts teleporting from side to side and quick flashes of red several times to throw me off on his location, but I hear one quick sound of him flashing behind me and I turn around and spray him with a strong water blast, staying true to what I said.

"guess you got your wish Bronze" with another teleport he's back on his feet

he sends a flash of red and serval beams flying around, I do a dive and a flip as well as deflect them with my staff, but even still one hits me in the back of the head, I look around and don't see him anywhere but then I hear him appear above me and I look up and he dives down at me, I get out of the way as he turns I grab his cloak and jump on him kicking him in the chest, he pushes me off but I land on my feet him falling off his staff, landing on his knees.

I send out send several spikes flying in his direction, he dodges them but after each of the spikes hit something they detonate, exploding behind him knocking him down, he gets back up teleporting behind me again except sweeps me off the ground, I hit the ground feeling pain, I spin my staff making a shield all around me, he keeps hitting the outside of it, it starts to crack but I destroy it having it shoot out in all directions but he makes a shield for himself, he's hurt though, his knees shaking a bit, but I'm not doing any better.

he spins his staff shooting at me and I run from side to side and jump-diving to avoid getting hit, I stamp my staff on the floor several times sending out little waves, he jumps over them.

I stay focused on the sound when he teleports, I can hear him, I say that to myself and hear him immediately in front of me. 

he runs at me hitting me with the staff, it's more offensive than what he did before, I deflect them and dodge them, taking more steps backwards, then suddenly instead of back and forward near my face he hits me in my stomach making me fall backwards dropping my staff I cough from hitting my back on the ground, but while I'm coughing he jumps on top of me pinning my hands down with his staff at my neck.

he's won.

we're both breathing, hard. but my breathing gets harder, harder than when I hit the ground, he gets off of me, and he helps me get up but even when he's off of me it feels hard to breathe, every breath I take feels sharp as if I'm being stabbed in the chest, like instead of just helping me up he shot with me with one of his beams, then around my eyes feels itchy, and my eyes start to water "well, good battle Bronze gua-" then he hears me sniffle he voice changes and sounds different, "are you okay?" but I don't want to respond, I'm too embarrassed about this losing I just grab my staff and make a small circle and trip him up with twigs, and walk away.

"I'm going to go get ready for the meeting with the coven heads." is the only thing I say before walking away.

**********