To clear one's mind

prince Ivan sighed as he returned home on his trusted steed, a grim look on his face. "Your majesty! Is everything alright?! You look as if you've faced the devil himself!" One of the maids said, helping prince Ivan off his horse while a butler guided starling back to its pasture. "Where is my sister, Matilda?" Ivan said, a lone tear fell from his cheek. Matilda sighed & lead prince Ivan the the Royal graveyard. Upon a lone hill sat a single tombstone that read 'here lies princess raven, 1498-1526, an honorable princess, strong on her own and caring for her family, a loving daughter, sister, and future queen. May her soul find peace in heaven among her ancestors and her creator.' Ivan looked at the grave with an empty gaze. It was as if his world was being consumed by the original sinner herself, & he lost all he cared for. & in a way, he did.

"Prince Ivan? Is everything all right?! You look as if you've witnessed the devil crawl from the grave of Eden." Matilda said, placing a hand on his shoulder. Ivan jumped at the sudden contact. "Y-yeah... I just need to let this sink in." Ivan said, wandering out of the graveyard. As Ivan exited he felt a cold breeze rush past his neck, sending a chill down his spine. 'Rain, this soon?' He thought, wandering into a field of daffodils & carnations. He & his sister had planted the some daffodils & carnations when he was 12. The flowers were his ideas as he loved the daffodils & Raven loved carnations, he reminisced on the day.

"Hey sis! Look here's a good spot for your carnations!"
"They would look lovely with your daffodils."
"But the daffodils won't grow as fast as your carnations Raven."
"Maybe so... but they will stand out more than my carnations Ivan, just know that I'm willing to put everything I stand for in witches cauldron in order to defend your honor."
"Then I shall be the knight that defends you till he dies!"
"Oh no, I want you to become yourself, do not fight in my name, but for your own name."

Ivan carefully walked to the peak of the hill, where a 3 daffodils & 3 carnations stood. As Ivan looked at the flowers, he felt the rain begin to rush down his hair & face, hiding his tears as he weeped in silence. He & his sister were young at the time, they had no clue about the harm that would inevitably come to them. They were so innocent. Ivan was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't notice someone approach him until he felt that rain stop hitting him. He looked up to notice a tall man standing next to him, a large scaled wing shielding him from the rain."your majesty, are you alright? You were getting drenched in rain." The man said. Ivan took in the gaze of the man, his hair was a bright blue with small pale horns on his head, 6 specifically with the two horns on the back of his being the largest. His eyes were the pink of the tulips queen Anastasia* would grow in her garden, his eyes seemed to sparkle with the lights of the heavens.

"Y-yes, I am alright sir. But, if I may ask, how did I not hear you?" Ivan asked, snapping out of his trance. "I have no clue how, but you shouldn't be out in the rain anymore, you could catch a cold. We should get to cover before we catch a sickness." The man said, carefully leading The young prince to the cover of the trees, making sure to not step on a carnation or daffodil. Out of curiosity, Ivan piped up "I must ask, what is your name sir?" The man let out a soft chuckle that sounded angelic to the young prince. "My name is Andreas." He said.

Ivan couldn't shake , as if he wished to learn more. He felt comfort in the winged man's presence. Throughout the duration of the storm the two men talked. As the storm passed, Ivan stood up and thanked Andreas for his company & wished him safe travels..

With That, the two men parted ways, a slight bit happier than before.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

* her name is pronounced as Anistishea, I just wished to let you guys know if anyone was curious.

Word count: 735