"𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙. 𝑒𝑥𝑒𝑐𝑝𝑡 𝑖 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑎 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑛."

Aether slowly opened up his eyes, his friend was still there. There was now an empty cup on the table. He could barely see, his vision always sucked once he woke up, so he needs a moment to calculate everything before continuing his day.

"mmh.~ Venti..you there ?"

"No, it's me, Diluc. I was told to look after yo-"

"HYAHHH !!!!"
The blonde jumped, his hair basically having the same reaction.

"Calm down, Traveler."

"Sorry, you just startled me."
He held onto his chest, panting throughout his words.

"So, how did you sleep."

"Good, thank you. What's that cup there ?"

"Water, I was getting thirsty while waiting for you to awaken. Even Paimon was here for a few, but got bored so she left."

"That's Paimon for you."

Aether laughed, Diluc also let out a small chuckle. He seemed to be making very stern eye contact with Aether, which unsettled him. Venti must have told Diluc about Aether's eyes and how they looked.

"Say, Traveler. How about we go get some sun. Perhaps it can wake you up."

Diluc was trying to test if it was just the lighting that affected the travelers eyes. He wasn't very concerned, but more of curious. Of course the opposite of Venti, Venti was extremely concerned.

"Sure, I suppose getting some sun will work."
Seems like his plan will work..

Diluc and Aether walked out of the tavern. Diluc kept an eye on Aether, realizing he was slightly flinching at the sun, clearly trying to pretend he did not mind it. And his eyes were still cold as night.. how strange.

"Quite lovely, isn't it traveler ?"

"Very lovely !! Couldn't get any better. The sun is truly amazing, I would say beautiful, but I can't even look at it for five seconds."

The traveler placed his hands on his hips and smiled up at the sun, as if he was embracing the warm rays that hit his delicate skin. But truly, he was using that smile to mask the fact he hates the sun, and just wants to go back inside and never come back out again until his sister comes to get him, herself.

'I doubt she's even trying to look for me, or she's just dead, and I'm wasting my life in this small world. Having to fight till I break. I hate it here, I wanna give up. But I can't. I'm just like a led pencil, all of them snap easily. But whoever is using me, is using me very slowly and neatly, to where I won't snap until the wrong time.'

"I fear, for when that time will come. I wish I would disappear ."
Aether accidentally spoke out loud, luckily he mumbled it. But Diluc still stared at him, concerned.

"Pardon ?"

"Hm ? What do you mean ?"

"You mumbled something, Traveler."

"I do not recall that. Sorry."
He shrugged and looked his friend, Diluc, in the eye.
Aether thought that the eye contact would be convincing that he said nothing, but all his emotions were caged up in his eyes. So all Diluc saw was a pair of weak eyes, sinking into his.

"Okay then..."
Diluc slowly turned his head, keeping the eye contact. But then his eyes turned with his head. The two stood in silence, not exchanging a single word, due to how awkward the aroma was.

"I should probably go find Paimon, Goodbye Diluc."

"Goodbye, Traveler."

Aether immediately took his leave, off to find his travel companion.

As night already started to fall, he was still walking throughout Mondstat, the fairy no where in sight. It was at the point where Aether had to call out Paimons name every step he took. The more and more he called. The more he cracked.

"Paimon !!"

"PAIMONNN !!"

"PAIMONNN ?!!"

"..PAIMON -!!"

"please come out..."

"cut the games Paimon."

"I can't lose anyone else..."

Suddenly, Aether heard light footsteps approaching behind him. He turned around in a flash to see, Kaeya? Why would Kaeya come to him ?

"Greetings Traveler, I've been getting reports about you screaming and wandering around at night. Its disturbing the citizens. Could you please, explain why you are out at night. Screaming?"

"It's P-Paimon !! She's gone Kaeya !! Please don't get me in trouble, I just need to find her !!"

"Woah woah woah, slow down Traveler, breathe. She is with the others in the HQ. She decided to go to get rest early. Now please, go get some rest too. You look exhausted."

"Alright, thank you, Kaeya."
Aether bowed and went on his way, relieved that his travel companion was safe, and he didn't lose another close friend. He finally entered his small home and walked to his room, immediately falling onto his bed. Aether was curled up on the hard, cold, mattress. He was already starting to drift off, but he forced himself off and took off his clothes, only throwing on a t shirt. He adjusted his boxers and crawled into his bed, under the blanket, and into his comfort zone. Which was soon about to be uncomfortable.

"I forgot to do the commissions...and I didn't help anyone. I only slept. Oh god... how could I do that ?! Those people could've used my help. But now I'm stuck here being useless -?! I'll have to make sure to do extra work tomorrow.."

Aether sighed, almost tearing up. He despised being useless, and not helping people. It just ruined his gentle heart knowing he did nothing, when he had all the time to. He grabbed onto his pillow, trying to fall asleep. His hot tears roll down onto the cold pillow, making Aether uncomfortable and turn around. This continued to happen for quite awhile. Until Aether finally fell asleep, resting at peace, without anything to bother him. His bed was the only thing that understood Aether, well, most of the time at least.

At least another hard day was over, with an even harder one to come next.