001. caregiver: butch danes

fucking teenage society | 001. caregiver:
butch danes

five months later...

SEVEN IN THE MORNING was not the ideal time for Matilda Fitzgerald to be pouring coffee into people who desperately wanted to make small talk's, mugs. She had been busing tables for barely ten minutes and she had done more yawning than her actual job. But it was Luke's fault for giving her the morning shift, especially on a summer morning. "What the hell's wrong with you?"

Two blue eyes looked up from where they were passing a plate to a customer as Luke Danes stood, his eyebrows furrowed at his employee who was practically sleep walking throughout the diner. "It's seven in the morning, Biff."

"I'm aware," He replied like she was one of the most incompetent, deprived, and downright atrocious human beings he had ever laid his eyes on. She groaned to herself as she made her way behind the counter, grabbing extra ketchup bottles for the morning crowd. "We're not all vampires."

He stood still for a second, eyeing his employee as she made her way back over towards the window and sat down the bottles lazily. "I thought you wanted to be a vam-"

She glared at him quickly, her tired and ghoul like eyes making him hold up his hands in defense as he walked back into the kitchen. She rolled her eyes to herself as the bell rang, meaning yet another individual who would make her move around had entered the diner. She turned her head annoyingly as a familiar boy with a mop of dirty blonde hair entered the door.

"Oh don't you look happy." He smiled sweetly as he took a seat at the barstool. She groaned as she made her way behind the diner and poured him a cup of coffee. Specifically picking the light blue painted mug he was so fond of. She slid the mug over towards him as he took a sip, smiling at her with his odd smile front and center. "Can it, Bass."

The bell dinged once more, Matilda recognizing the persistent stare her cousin gave her immediately as they took a seat at a table. She gave her the same look nearly twenty minutes ago at home, it was her first day of school. Rory Gilmore was not going to be late.

She made her way over towards her family as Lorelai looked up at her with a 'help' look, Rory glaring at her mother without even realizing it. Matilda smirked to herself as she glanced over at her cousin before pulling out her notepad, "What do you guys want?"

"Eggs with sausage and bacon... put cheese on the eggs too. Also maybe a side of pancakes and ooh- waffles!" Lorelai smiled sweetly as she crossed her arms.

"Cutting back, I see." Luke muttered as he walked past the table only promoting Matilda to elbow him purposely. Lorelai smiled at her niece as Rory still looked unamused. "And what can I get you, Ted Bundy?"

Rory only glared at her cousin with these words, finally sighing as Luke came over and brought the two girls coffee. He rubbed his elbow in a faux pain as he made his way back behind the counter, making Matilda groan in annoyance. "What's the quickest thing I can eat?" Rory asked her cousin, making her blue eyes glare down at hers. "Air."

"Cherry danish," Rory replied as Matilda shook her head and made her way back to the kitchen where she told Caesar their order. As she made her way back to greet the new customers, she noticed an upset Lucas Danes on the phone. He was noticeably angry, in which he has been the past five months Matilda Gilmore has known him. But every few weeks he would get a phone call in the middle of the workday that made him extra ogre evil scary Luke man.