002. daydreams of a nocturnal poet

fucking teenage society |
002. daydreams of a nocturnal poet

THE LATE AFTERNOON APPROACHED as the two teenagers made their way through the compact streets of Stars Hollow. The two walked side by side at a stopped pace, barely walking as they spoke to one another. The folk of Stars Hollow were already raving about the "rebel couple" that had taken over their town. Despite being seen just over an hour and a half ago in the bookstore. Sat at the bridge talking books, music, anything- for the past while. They found an appreciation for one another's company. Whether they realized that just yet or not.

Matilda's earbuds wrapped in her back pocket as Jess picked apart her music taste. There was too much 80's hair bands for his taste but he did promise her he'd give KISS another try. As long as she did the same with Jeff Beck. "Judas Priest is not overrated, but you know who is- Black Sabbath."

"Oh come on," Matilda scoffed at his words as he looked at her playfully. "There are like a million other metal bands than Judas Priest. So everyone needs to stop bringing it up as the honorary band."

"Fine. I'll agree with you there but you have to agree that Black Sabbath has like one good song." Jess told the girl who only pursed her lips, shaking her head at his words. "Never. They cannot be overplayed. You have to give Sweet Leaf a chance, it's fucking insane."

"If it sucks, I blame you." He told her as he opened the door to the diner, allowing her to go in first as they entered the small room. He looked at her for a moment as they shared a small smile, before being interrupted by a familiar voice. "Oh hey, I was just looking for you."

"Yeah I went to the bookstore," Matilda told her aunt as she remained stood beside Jess, neither of them moving. The two adults looked between the two teenagers, confused with what was happening. Luke was pleased his nephew had a friend, if they were even friends for that matter. While Lorelai attempted to remain open minded. "Well, Jess, now that you're here. I'd like you to meet someone."

"Hey. Hi, I'm Lorelai. Matilda's Aunt. I just wanted to meet you before Luke had a chance to fill your head with all kinds of little lies about me." Lorelai greeted the boy who only nodded his head, a simple "hey" coming out of his mouth. "Did you tell him about Rory?" Lorelai asked Matilda who only shook her head, she could feel Jess's enthusiasm beside her. "Well, I have a daughter. She's just a year younger than you guys. She can show you where all the wilding goes on.... if Matilda didn't already. Because the bookstore can get very rowdy."

The brunette teenager clutched her book as she winced at her Aunt's attempt at conversation. Jess was just talking to her for over an hour and now he was completely quiet. She understood though, her having a similar reaction when she first moved to the town of zero population. "Okay well, it's nice to meet you. I hope you like it here. So... class dismissed."

It was in this moment that Jess turned to Matilda, his eyes gleaming down into hers for a moment. "Uh, are you hungry 'cause I can-" And just like that, Jess made his way up the stairs to the Danes residence. Lorelai only turned towards Matilda in confusion as she took a seat beside Lorelai, seeming unaffected by his odd actions. "So that's Jess?"

"Yup," Luke replied to his friend as he grabbed a mug and poured his employee a cup of coffee. He wasn't phased by Jess Mariano's actions either which made Lorelai's head spin. It reminded her so much of Matilda with her mother, and if they spoke more than one word to each other all havoc would break lose. "Very chatty."