003. concert for a cat corpse

fucking teenage society |
003. concert for a cat corpse

MATILDA GILMORE WASN'T EXACTLY PROUD of her surname. Although she found her name fitting and well, pretty sometimes, the things that came with the Gilmore name were definitely something Matilda wanted nothing to do with. And a main part in that was her grandparents - Emily and Richard Gilmore. Rather known as, the devil and satan themselves.

Growing up in Boston with her mother, Matilda was luckily one hundred and twenty miles exactly away from her grandparents. The occasional trip to Hartford was only for Holidays and was spent along with Lorelai and Rory. But as she moved in with her Aunt and cousin, she was graced with the event of weekly Friday Night Dinners.

"Is this dress too slutty?" Lorelai asked the two girls as the three of them stood before the grand door. Rory elbowed her mother at her words as she rang the doorbell. "Yes," Matilda replied simply as she sniffed her nose. Rory turned towards her cousin at the noise with a worried manner. "Are you coming down with a cold?"

"Sure," Matilda laughed making Lorelai roll her eyes knowingly as she turned towards her niece. "So, that's how date night went, hm?"

"It wasn't a date. I-" Matilda shut her mouth as the door opened revealing a new face. "Yes?" The woman questioned as Lorelai put on a fake smile, "You're new."

"I started yesterday." The woman replied in confusion as she looked at the three girls who all looked like clones of one another. "What's your name?"

"Liesl," Liesl replied shortly as she still stood infront of the doorframe preventing the brunettes from entering the foyer. "Okay, Liesl. I'm Brigitta, this is Gretl and uh, Cookie Monster. Emily and Richard are expecting us."

"Cookie Monster, really?" Matilda groaned at her Aunt as Rory sighed and smiled towards the woman, "What my mother means is we're Emily and Richards daughter and granddaughters."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Please come in." She greeted as they entered the foyer and Lorelai walked extremely close to Matilda. "What? Should I call you Coke Monster. Look, Matilda, I'm trying to losen the reins here but you're making it difficult when you're doing drugs under my roof."

"I'm not doing drugs under your roof-"

"What are you two babbling about?" The sound of Emily Richard's voice was heard from the living room where Rory was already stood. Talking with her grandfather as Emily made her way over towards the two girls stood still in the foyer. "About how we're your greatest disappointments," Matilda smiled sweetly as Lorelai did the same. "Oh don't be ridiculous."

"Yeah, she's right. Rory's not." Lorelai snickered as she took of her jacket and handed it to Liesl. Entering the living room Matilda watched her grandmother's annoyed glare glance at her up and down. She could almost hear Emily's doubtful thoughts as she took a seat beside Rory on the couch. "Can I get you something to drink, dears?"

"Water's fine for me, Grandpa." Rory smiled as Lorelai took a seat in the chair beside Matilda, her eyes still watching the girl intently. The brunette girl only wished she could hop out of the window at this exact moment. She didn't exactly treasure the idea of an evening spent with her judging grandparents and now judging aunt, and naive cousin.

"Whatever." Matilda shrugged as she pressed her lips together making Emily Gilmore drop her shoulders as she glanced over at her granddaughter. "That's hardly an acceptable answer, Matilda. The correct term would be 'a water, Grandpa, thank you'."