14. ❤️💛

Warning: long conversations ahead. Mentions of abuse, manipulation, tragedy.

Yoongi didn't stop drying Jimin's hair, as he waited for an answer.
"Yellow is my favorite color." Jimin said.
"I know it is, duh." They both laughed a bit at that. "But it looks like there's more to it."

They both fell silent, the muffled sound of the rain outside, mixed with the hair dryer's low hum, and the soft music playing.

Yoongi finished drying the other boy's hair, then turned off the device. Jimin reached out for it, and took it out of his hand, motioning for Yoongi to sit in front of him. Then he started drying his hair. The music still playing softly.

"Yellow for me is a color that symbolizes hope. It's beautiful and bright. First- hope, then happiness. It was the only thing that kept me going, in the darkest times of my life. You could say the light at the end of my tunnel was yellow." He explained and they both chuckled lightly at the last part.

He finished drying Yoongi's hair, turned off the hair dryer and set it on the bedside table before settling down next to him. He then placed his head on Yoongi's lap.

"Can I ask you something else?" Yoongi questioned, playing with his blonde hair.
"You already did." Jimin teased, they both laughed softly. "Ask away."
"So, I saw a picture at your place the other day. The one where you weren't really looking like yourself, yunno. I'm sorry if it sounds rude."
"No, I understand. I know that picture. I put it out there because I'm not hiding it." He said.
"Okay then. Is it related to that dark past you mentioned?"
Silence.
"It's alright if you can't talk about it. I'm sorry I asked, actually. It's probably a sensitive topic." Yoongi quickly said.
"It's alright, hyung. I'll tell you about it, I'm just trying to figure out how to start." He convinced him.

"I'm an only child. My parents were so loving, they gave me everything they could. I lacked nothing. Then, I had this cute little bedroom, it was all yellow. They knew how much I loved the color. They really did everything they could to satisfy me. I was such a happy child. My childhood memories are the best. Full of yellow birthday cakes, plushies, ice cream playdates, everything a child could ever want, in yellow." He giggled.

"But you speak of them in past tense."
"Because they're gone. I lost them in a car accident." He said softly, with a small sad smile.

"Oh no, Jiminie. I'm so sorry. You don't have to continue." Yoongi said, feeling so bad.

"No, Hyung. It's fine. I'm fine. I want to continue." Jimin said.
"Are you sure?" A nod. "Alright. Then I want to listen." Yoongi replied, wondering in his mind, how the boy could be so calm, talking about it.

"I was 10 when they passed away. I was devastated, so lost. It was so hard to wrap my head around the change. I was sent to a care home. From there, I got adopted. I was so happy. I thought having parents again would mean having my old life back, even though I'd still miss my actual parents. But I had their memories to keep me going."

Yoongi could imagine a poor little boy, wide eyed and full of hope. Hope of having his happy life back.

"The couple was so nice to me. They treated me very well, it was nothing compared to my actual parents, but I was still happy. That was until they had their own child. Then, I was 12. It started with paying less attention to me. And I tried to understand. They were having a baby. The baby certainly needed their attention more. This went on for a bit, until they started to simply ignore my existence."

  He paused a bit. Yoongi didn't interrupt him. He just sat there, listening to him, while playing gently with his hair.

"As their child grew, I was just on my own, like a ghost in the house. At least I still got fed. But they barely even spoke to me anymore. One day, on their child's first birthday- I was to clock 13, that year, after the party, they told me to watch their kid as they saw off the last of the guests. I was so happy. I was playing with the kid, then I heard the house phone ringing in the living room, so I placed her on the bed and went to check. The call ended before I got there, so I returned to the room and found the child coughing and choking on a small toy. I was so scared. I didn't know what to do, so I started screaming for help."

"The child survived, thankfully, with only a few scratches in her throat. They were convinced I tried to kill her. Said they had noticed that I was angry at the child for being born. They said I was jealous because she's their real child and I was adopted, and because I didn't have parents. I was broken.
They started to abuse me physically and verbally."

"Oh my God, Minie! I'm so sorry. What on earth are those people?!"
Jimin chuckled sadly.
"That wasn't the height of my suffering."
"Are you sure you're okay with telling me everything?"
"Yes hyung. Trust me."
"Okay Jiminie."

"I continued to live with them. The only one who knew about my suffering was my only friend, Hoseok hyung. When I was 15, I met a boy at school. I liked him and he liked me too. He asked me out and I was so happy.
After two months, I told him my story. He made me feel so much better about myself. Promised to always be there for me. He was my escape from my cruel reality. I ran away with him, when he graduated high school. I was 17. I didn't tell Hobi anything. I don't even think my foster parents looked for me."

"We lived in a cheap apartment in a run down neighborhood, found ourselves small jobs. We were happy. Until we realized we couldn't support ourselves. He started getting frustrated and aggressive. He joined the bad crowd and started to sell and do drugs. It got worse the following year, when he started to ask me for sex and I refused him. He also started to abuse me, physically. Told me I was worthless and it was all my fault. My fault my parents died, my fault my foster parents hated me, and my fault he started hitting me."

"Funny part? I believed him. So, I let him abuse me. After a while, I joined him. I started to abuse myself and eventually doing drugs. He would look so peaceful whenever he was high. I wanted that too. One day, he caught me stealing his precious drugs. He was so mad. He hit me and threw me out. I didn't leave without stealing more of the drugs though. One afternoon, I was sleeping on a park bench, that's where Jin Hyung found me. They took me to rehab for a whole year, theur"

"Wow." Yoongi was speechless.
"I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. I know my words won't change anything, but I just want you to know that I'm so grateful that you shared something so sensitive with me."

"And thank for listening without judgement."

And that is the story.
I'm so sorry guys
This is not proofread.
I hope y'all enjoy it.

-Fer.
💛🦋💙