Chapter Sixty-six: Code Name "Nightshade"

Xean's Point of View

"Right now?" Liyana asked.

"Yes," I replied. "I wanted to talk to Marky and give him a second chance."

They cheered when they heard that. "MarXean for the win!"

"What?" I reacted which made them laugh. "Martian?"

"It's a ship name," Jace explained. "Like a love team."

"Geez," I mouthed. "Anyway, I have to go."

I left the satellite office and headed back to the hotel. After packing my stuff, I went to the bus station and got a bus ticket going to Manila. While on the bus, I tried to reach out to Marky. I unblocked him on all my social media accounts and sent him messages. There are no updates on his social media accounts since I broke up with him so I don't have any clue where he is. It was a long trip; longer than usual for I badly wanted to see Marky and tell him how much I misses him. That I'm willing to take another risk again with him.

As soon as I arrived at the bus terminal, I hailed a cab and went straight to Marky's apartment. This place reminded me of the day when I saw Natalia and Marky. I'm afraid there's no turning back. I still have the keys to his place so I used them. "Marky!" I called as soon as I entered but stillness greeted me. I headed to his bedroom. It's empty. I went out of his apartment and looked around. His car is not yet here. He should have arrived already, right?

If he's not here; then, he might be in the head office. I pulled my luggage down to the staircase and hailed another cab to get to RnJ.

"Good morning, Council Xean," the agents greeted me, bewildered by the luggage I am pulling. I traversed the lobby until I reached the elevator. I swiftly walked into the hallway as if someone is after me. As soon as I reached the legal department, I looked at Marky's table. He's not there. I looked around and searched for him. Nothing. I asked one of the agents there if Marky came and got his things but he never came.

I pulled my luggage into my mini-office and left it there. I was about to enter the elevator when I bumped into Council JC.

"Why are you here?" he asked, surprised by my presence there. "I thought you were in Baguio."

"I was. Your car keys," I replied.

"What?"

"Your car keys, let me borrow your car," I explained. "I need to go somewhere."

Without asking any more questions, he tossed his car keys. I caught it and went straight to the elevator. There's only one place left to go and I sure do hope he's there.

Using JC's car, I drove all the way to his parents' house. Indeed, his car is there and there was a ray of light left shone on me. We could finally kiss and make up. I rang the doorbell and waited. Soon enough, someone attended the door.

"X-Xean," his mother said as soon as she saw me. "You're here." She hugged me tightly like I was a long-lost son.

"It's been a while, Mom," I shyly said. Yes, as soon as they learned all about our relationship. Marky's parents asked me to call them that. "I'm sorry," I apologized.

"I've heard what happened," she whispered. "Oh, only you know how much my munchin cried in my arms when you ended your relationship with him."

I nodded. "That's why I'm here. I want to take him back in my life."

"Marky is a good person. Believe me, it's not his intention to hurt you. Natalia has cheated on him. He knows how painful it is."

"I want to see him."