Special Chapter 1: Wedding Preparations

Xean's Point of View

I was typing when my eyes moved from the screen monitor to the ring that I am wearing. It has been weeks since Marky asked my hand for marriage. I can't believe even the agents of various departments were on board with his plan of proposing to me. I just can't help but smile. I stood up and left the office of the Council of Gigolos.

I headed to the lobby to get a can of coffee. It has been months already and I'm still into the cold drink Marky has introduced to me. I was about to go back when I saw a familiar figure sitting on one of the benches. It's Lucas and he is taking a nap.

He has been always like this. I slowly walked toward him. I was about to reach his shoulder when a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled it away. I turned my face and saw Marky.

"Stop being concerned about him," he told me.

I smiled. "Still feeling jealous?"

"Yes," he replied. I held his hand.

"Let's go," I said before pulling him away. I took one last glance at Lucas before paying my full attention to my fiancé. "You already have me. Stop being jealous. And I've already realized that I'm over him."

"So, how do you know it's over?"

"When you're more in love with the memories," I explain. "more than the person." He nodded and smiled. "You know why he is here, right?"

"As long as he's not here for you, I won't care."

"But he's here for me."

"What?" he blurted.

"He's here for the trial," I clarified. "Stop being overdramatic."

"Anyway, I will be filing a vacation leave for a week," he informed me. "I needed to sign some paper on behalf of us. Plus, I'd be seeing the wedding planner."

"I'm sorry I can't help you with the preparation," I apologized.

"You don't need to apologize," he replied as he squeezed my hand. "I'm willing enough to do it for us. And I also want to surprise you with the wedding gown that I have chosen for you."

"W-wedding gown?!" I reacted violently.

"Well, that's what you get from not going with me," he replied.

"I thought it's clear between the both of us that I can't go because there's a lot on my plate."

"I know but I don't appreciate the fact that you put work first before your man." I frowned and stared at him. "But there is one way for you to make it up."

"What?" I asked, unimpressed.

"Kiss me," he replied.

"You're such a kid," I remarked but I got closer to him and kissed him. The elevator opened.

"You two and the elevator," Ma'am Melai said as she enters the elevator. "Oh, well. I have gotten used to it already. I hope you remain like that."

Marky and I smiled. He got off the elevator when we arrived on the third floor. I stepped out on the fifth where the Hall of Truth is located. All of the agents needed are there to record what will happen today. I headed in front and sat. I waited for Lucas and his wife client. Soon enough, the door opened, followed by Lucas and Sarah entering the Hall of Truth.

"I guess everyone's here," I announced. "So, let's start.

"RnJ Case 10715: Lucas Sanchez now open," Dina announced.

"Mister Lucas Sanchez," I called.

"Yes, Council Xean?"

"Is there anything you wanted to say before I read my final verdict?"