Chapter 1

It was just another day for me.  Or that is at least what I thought while I was working the ER, trying to get my clinicals done for this semester.  It was kind of slow at the moment, which is good considering the fact that a lot of people had come in freaking out thinking that they had Covid.  Which again those patients didn't have it.  So we could send them home to see their regular doctors.

I was finishing up some charting for one of my patients that had just left.  I heard that they were bringing a young man back and he was gonna be put in one of the rooms that I was covering.  I sighed softly and got up to get the room ready for the young man.

"Just my luck... I thought I was gonna get a small break from this.  I should just not have thought about it..." I muttered to myself while I fix the bed.  I sanitize everything in the room just in case.  I didn't know why this man was coming into the emergency room.  Then again, this was a decent sized hospital right off the highway.  So, it was convenient for the people who were making trips.

I looked up from what I was doing and saw that they had brought the young man back to me.  I went up to him and helped him up on to the bed.  "Hello, My name is Kaylee.  I'll be your nurse.  Student nurse that is.." I said softly and began typing away on my computer.  "What is your name sir?"

I looked up at him.  He was fumbling with his fingers a little bit with the rings on his hand.  I looked up at his face and I could see fear was written all over his face.  Some of the mans curly hair was covering his eyes.  He was also wearing a black mask and a black eye patch.  This man looked familiar to me.  I don't know why.  There was just something about him that was familiar.

I shook my head and then proceeded to ask him again what his name was.  "Randall...." he muttered softly.  That voice was so fucking deep.  I jumped slightly not really expecting that from the young man in front of me.  My eyes squinted as I was typing and trying not to look at the man.  I had so many thoughts running through my head at that given point.  

I had one of my headphones in my ear and it was playing my playlist on spotify.  At that exact moment one of Corpse's song started playing.  Most of us girls in the ER were talking about him earlier.  Thats when I stopped typing and looked at him.  "What are you here for hun? What kind of medications are you on as well?"

He looked at me confused and very uncomfortable.  "Pain... I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia."  The man in front of me then started telling me all the medications he was on.  During that I was typing, and realizing that this mans voice and the voice in my ear at the moment were the exact same one.

"Hold on."  I got up and closed the curtain to the room.  Some of the girls were staring over here at us.  I shook my head to them.  I looked at him up and down.  He was bouncing his leg up and down quickly.  His knuckles were now white as could be from him gripping his own hands.  I sighed softly. I went into one of the drawers and grabbed out a small plastic bag and a surgical face mask.

I hand them to the man in front of me.  "If I were you, I'd take those rings off, bracelets, and the chains...  Switch out your face mask as well..."  He looked at me shocked.  I turned away.  "Hurry up so I can open the curtains before the wonder what the hell I'm doing to you..."  I heard him moving around taking the things off.

"You know who I am..." he said softly.  I nodded my head and didn't say anything in response to that.  It didn't matter.  I was absolutely fangirling over the man in front of me.  I just hid it very well.  He was already uncomfortable about coming in here to begin with.  Plus, what can I say I'm part of team faceless.  "You... can turn around now."

I turned around and went back to my computer.  I couldn't meet his gaze that I felt on me right now.  There was a small blush on my face.  "Well... When is the last time you have taken your medications?  This flare up could be because of that..."  My hands were on the keyboard typing away but there were slightly shaking.