Chapter 8

Another couple weeks went by, and it was the week before that I was leaving to go see the girls.  Most importantly I was going to be seeing Corpse.  As well as for my birthday it was uneventful for the most part as well.  I spent most of the day talking to him.  Him and his friends decided to have a birthday stream for me and we played Among Us.  Which I enjoyed a lot.  I was more comfortable with his group of friends.

Rae, Poki, Emma, Sykkuno, and even Karl talked to me on a daily basis.  It was nice.  Ashley was proud of me for stepping out of my comfort zone and making more friends.  Even though these friends that I had made were technically Corpse's.  It didn't matter to her.  She was happy.  Ashley even came over and had a drink or two with me after the stream with the guys.

My mother managed to behave herself for the day.  But the days after that, she was a lot worst then normal.  So I decided not to tell her that I was going to be gone for almost a month.  Though, I did make sure that she would have food.  I scheduled food deliveries for her, so she wouldn't run out of food when I left.  There was also almost a thousand dollars in cash on the table for her.

I laid in my bed and stared at my phone.  The email that had the ticket for the flight I was going to be taking.  I felt bad because Corpse was trying to make plans with me for the following week.  I had to lie to him and tell him I was going to be busy working extra shifts at the nursing home I was at.  Though I knew I was only lying to him so I could surprise him.  It just felt wrong doing to him at all.  This man has been nothing but good to me so far.  I would go far as to say he was even my best guy friend as well...

But you don't have these kinds of feelings for your guy friends right?  I had my head in my hands as I was beating myself up about the feelings that I was having.  I was just supposed to be a fangirl and nothing more to him.  Except his stupid self, was making me fall for him even though I knew we could never be more then friends.

I sighed softly and looked at my phone.  There was a ton of Twitter notifications on my phone.  I was surprised on how much some of the guys tweeted.  It was also mostly the girls on Instagram posting things.  I loved seeing them.  I would always like most of their stuff. 

I laid back on my bed and was looking at my somewhat packed suitcase on the floor.  I was trying to decide what to wear.  There was a lot of jeans and two different pairs of converse in my bag.  Also, you can't forget my makeup bag, because I was going to be going out with the girls when I got to Cali.

I thought about calling Ashley and asking what I should bring to wear for the club.  She was excited that I was even going to the club because every time she asked me to go out with her, I always turned her down with some lame excuse about having to study for my exams.  Which wasn't always an excuse.  I just didn't like to be surrounded by people.  It was hard for me to be around so many people at once.

As if she knew that I was thinking about her at that exact moment.  Agoraphobic started playing on my phone.  I couldn't help but giggle a little bit about her timing.  I picked up the phone quickly, "How the hell do you do that?" 

"Well hello to you to my beautiful Corpse Wife." she said chuckling, as if she had made the worlds best joke.  I groaned and closed my dark eyes rubbing my forehead.  I really hated that she had started calling me that.  I have to keep telling her that nothing was going on between Corpse and I.  We were just friends.  Which she was always reply with a sarcastic sure.  "But with that being said, what's wrong love?  You struggling to pack?  You want me to come over?"

I sighed softly.  A part of me wanted to have her come over, but my luck would be my mother would walk through the door and start her normal shit with me. Slowly I just figured to the hell with it, what would it matter if Ashley found out the truth about my home life.  It wouldn't be that bad... at least I hope it wouldn't.  I replied softly before I could talk myself out of it, "Yeah... Please."