Chapter 7

So a few weeks have passed since the stream incident.  Things were handled pretty well on everyone's part.  I learned that a lot of Corpse's friends had gotten involved to shut down any rumors that had started.  I was still the mystery girl and nobody knew which of the friend group that I belonged too.  Which was kind of nice.  I don't think I could handle any of his fans knowing that a random girl was able to become his friend.

In this time he and I had talked a lot.  We learned a lot more about each other.  We were getting kind of close.  After talking about his health issues, I made it a concern to make sure he took his meds every night and day.  I even had a timer set on my phone to remind myself to check in with him.  He also learned about my depression, but I never told him the cause of it.  I didn't want to burden him with all that.  After all, he's just a friend and Ashley didn't even know the situation at home.

Which at the moment, I was on the phone with Corpse giggling as he was messing around on his computer trying to get a streamed set up.  He had a game of Among Us planned with his normal group.  "You know Kaylee... we do have room for another member.  Nobody has filled it yet." he said to me gently.  I knew what he was implying.  I shook my head.

"Corpse, I refuse to take part of the game.  Let alone have my voice be heard on your stream." I sighed softly.  This wasn't the first time he has tried to get me to play with them.  I just couldn't bring myself to do it, after the shit show that was Twitter after they heard me.  

He stared at me over Face Time with his dark eyes.  I wiggled in my seat uncomfortable.  The heat rushing to my cheeks like it was a race to see how many blood cells could collect there.  He sighed annoyed at the fact I was once again refusing to join them.  "Kaylee.  Rae already said she would say you were her friend."  I glared at him on the phone.

This time I don't think he was going to give up.  He was really stubborn when he wanted to be.  I rubbed the back of my neck nervously.  I didn't know if I really wanted to give his fans more of a reason to hate me.  Wiggling in my chair more, I had a choice to make, stand my ground or give in to the handsome man that was my friend...  Yeah my friend.

I stared at him a little bit and decided fuck it.  What was the worst thing that could happen right?  It's not like anyone would be able to find my socials.  They were pretty well hidden by the fact that I don't follow anyone I like anyways.  I leaned forward and press the button on the top of my computer to turn it on.

He raised an eyebrow at me.  While I was busy turning my computer on, I didn't realize that he had put his eye patch on.  I looked at him and chuckled softly.  "I swear to god, Kaylee.  You make the reference I think you are about to make, I will kill you."  The smile on his face said otherwise though.  I had told him multiple times, that he should cosplay as Kenaki from Tokyo Ghoul that he would pull it off.  Every time he would tell me no and to shut up.

"Well, I guess you will have your chance to kill me when you are imposter..." I said softly, and to be quite honestly, nervously.  This was going to be a bad idea.  Though it did give me more time with Corpse.  Not that I wanted to spend time with him no...

He smiled at me, "Yes, now you can be a degenerate with the rest of us." I could hear how excited he was for once.  I knew this man didn't get excited often so it warmed my heart and gave me the butterflies.  He started going off telling me what I needed to download for the mod they were using for the game.

About an hour later, Corpse sent me an invite to the discord that the group used for among us.  I didn't understand why I needed to be invited to the discord, but I didn't complain.  Complaining would be useless because I already given into the man this much.  He probably wouldn't be happy if I didn't join him and his friends fully.  Biting my fingers nervously, I joined the discord and quickly hop into the chat before I could back out.