Chapter 12

Victor travelled across the cube, getting rid of any censors in his way. "This is easy!" Victor thought as he shot down a censor. "Maybe a little too easy...".

The censors were coming at Victor at a moderately slow rate. "Wonder if I could ask Sasha to speed this process up a little?" Victor then began to look around for Sasha, before coincidentally coming across a strange switch.

The switch was a floating metal ball with different speeds on it, ranging from 1 to 7.  Instead of a number, on the seventh speed was a skull; a warning not to turn the switch to the highest speed. The current speed was placed on the first speed, which annoyed Victor.

"Oh c'mon! This speed is for babies!" Victor exclaimed. He then took the switch and tried to move it to the third speed. "Hnngh... Kinda stiff..." Victor continued to tug on the lever, until he ended up accidentally placing the speed on the seventh range.

Victor looked in terror, as the cube began to shake rapidly, and censors were popping up everywhere. Suddenly, a giant bed had appeared on a side of the cube, alongside a hoard of censors. "Shit, Sasha's gonna kill me..." Victor thought as a group of censors started to corner him.  

Sasha then appeared in front of Victor and shot down the censors. "Victor, what have you done?!" Sasha scolded. "W-Well I thought the censors were coming in too slow, so I decided to speed up the process." Victor nervously explained. "But hey, I don't think there are too many out of control...".

Sasha shot down another horde of censors "Victor, this is chaos, not control!". "I'll try to fix it; you stay here and try to keep their numbers down!".

Victor nodded "Got it!". He then headed towards the giant bed and began to fight off the censors. "I've fought expendables stronger than you!" Victor shouted as he shot down the last two censors. "This is a piece of cake!".

Suddenly, a giant teal vault with feet started running around Victor in a dog-like mannerism. "Huh?" Victor looked at the vault in confusion. Victor bent down to the vault to examine it closer. The vaults door opened to reveal a small tape.

Victor carefully pulled out the tape and unraveled it to reveal what looked to be a story on it. Victor leaned in to read the first page. "Sasha's First Loss." Victor read. "First loss?" Victor continued to read the tape to see what was going on.

The story took place through Sasha's point of view, it started off with his mother lifting him up from his cradle. "Awww, how sweet." Victor cooed as he read. The story continued with Sasha's mother caring for him in various ways: Feeding him, bathing him and playing with him.

Sasha's father was always in the background, smiling happily as his wife cared for Sasha. Victor smiled happily, as the tape reminded him of his own mother. But all of Victor's joy ended, as the tape took a dark turn.

A picture of Sasha's mother laying ill in her bed appeared, there were small spots all across her face. Sasha's father looked down at her with a somber look. The next picture showed a grave under a tree, Sasha's father stood in front of the grave under the tree, rain falling down upon his face. 

"Aw man..." Victor shook his head in dismay. The somber ending of the comic reminded Victor of his grim reality. He would never see his mother again; he'd practically be dead to her at this point.

Tears shed down Victor's cheeks as he thought of Mildred. He remembered when he was a baby and Mildred would take care of him, just like Sasha's mother took care of him. At least Victor was lucky enough to grow up with a mother in his life, unlike Sasha. 

But at the same time Victor wasn't so lucky; his father was trapped in Dimension 10 for the past two decades. It didn't help that Victor only met him once and had been deceived his whole life about his father alongside his true origins.

"Victor?" Sasha popped his torso out from a hatch on the bed. Victor quickly shoved the tape back into the vault before turning his attention to Sasha. "Y-Yes?" Victor said. "Are you done with all the censors here?" Sasha asked. "Yeah, I just finished with the last two." Victor replied. 

Sasha nodded "Alright then,". Sasha then pointed over to a valve "Close those valves to prevent any more censors from coming out.". 

"On it." Victor ran over to the valve and closed it. "Good, now you should head over there, I can still see censors there.". "Okay." Victor then ran over to another side of the cube to remove the censors.

---♡---

"Have you gotten a signal of where the jet's headed Professor Professor?" Anita asked. "No, not at all. Seems like we've lost Victor for good this time..." Professor Professor replied in dismay.

"No! We haven't lost Victor! Not yet!" Anita exclaimed, clearly lost in denial. "Can't you at least send us out to look for him again?".

Professor Professor shook his head "I'm sorry Anita but there's nothing we can do...". "But...But Victor's still out there! We can't lose him now, we can't!" Anita buried her face in her hands as she began to sob. 

"There, there Anita." Professor Professor reassured. "I think we still have one way to find Victor.". Anita perked up "Oh yeah? What is it?". "Come zis way." Professor Professor then began to lead Anita to the ballroom.

"Given the fact that Milla infiltrated UZZ in order to obtain that sculpture of you, I've decided we set a trap for her." Professor Professor began. 

"We leave the sculpture out in the open and when Milla comes to get it, BAM! She's trapped under a cage and tells us where Victor is!" Professor Professor finished. "That's a brilliant plan Professor Professor!" Anita replied.

"Exactly! That's why everyone calls me the genius of UZZ!" Professor Professor exclaimed. "Uh...No one calls you that Professor Professor." Anita replied. "Hmph! Well now you know they do!" Professor Professor scoffed as he opened the door.

Instead of the Psitanium sculpture stood a sculpture made of garbage that had a piece of paper taped on. "Oh no! The sculpture, it's gone!" Professor Professor shouted, as he and Anita ran over to the garbage pile. "There's a note left behind as well," Anita then grabbed the piece of paper and started to read.

"Dear UZZ, I stole your ugly sculpture of Anita and replaced it with something that suits her much better, signed Doctor Doctor." Anita read. 

"What would Doctor Doctor want with Alphonse's sculpture?" Professor Professor asked. "I don't know, but we need to retrieve it immediately, or we'll never see Victor again!" Anita replied. "Yes, but we need a plan first. We can't just charge into her lair all willy-nilly." Professor Professor added. Anita nodded "Right.".

---♡---

Sasha shot down the last of the censors with his psi-blast and turned to Victor "I hope you learned something today young man.". 

"Yeah, I'll think twice before messing around with levers!" Victor replied. "No. That once you lose control of your mind it's very hard to get it back." Sasha replied. Victor shrugged "Well my version was pretty close but I guess that's okay.".

"So what's going to happen with all those censors now?" Victor asked. "They're going to remain suppressed in my mind as always." Sasha replied. Victor scratched his head 

"I'm no professional on this Psychonaut stuff, but isn't that like dangerous to be suppressing your thoughts like this?". "Not quite, since I have complete control over my mind nothing bad should happen." Sasha replied.

The cube began to shake rapidly once more. "You've got control over this?" Victor snarked. "Uh no." Sasha replied. Suddenly a large shadow began to form over the two. "Run Victor. Very fast.".