Chapter 20

"Rise and shine, prisoner..." Oleander's eyes opened to see a woman wickedly leering behind a glaringly scintillating light. After a few seconds of recollection, he recognized this woman to be Doctor Doctor. 

Oleander then looked to the side to see an unconscious Sam strapped to a chair next to him, and he was strapped in his as well. Around the chairs were piles of psirilium.

Oleander furrowed his brows as Doctor Doctor snickered. "Who are you and what do you want with us?" Oleander demanded.

"So many questions, so little time..." Doctor Doctor cackled, strutting away from Oleander. "You may refer to me as Doctor Doctor, and I need your psychic assistance." Doctor Doctor explained.

Oleander laughed "Ha! As if we'd ever assist such a pathetic lowlife as you! What do you even need our psychic abilities for?"

"I'm not asking, I'm demanding your powers!" Doctor Doctor spat. "I need them to power my latest creation." Doctor Doctor then walked back to unveil a control panel behind a large opaque glass screen.

Doctor Doctor pressed a button to lift the screen, revealing a large room containing a gigantic mecha that was built in Doctor Doctor's likeness.

"You see, I'm going to need your brains to power my latest creation. I already have a supply of psitanium, but it functions moreso as a backup power source." Doctor Doctor spoke.

"And that's where your brains come in: Psychic brains are incredibly durable and have a wide range of abilities, giving me more variety in strength." Doctor Doctor finished.

"Hey! You ripped off my idea!" Oleander spat. "I came up with the idea to use children's brains as psychic mecha weapons first! You can't just steal and slightly modify my idea!".

Doctor Doctor only blinked in response. "Oookay...I'll give you points in cruelty there," She then walked over to Sam. "And besides, I don't think it'll matter to me that much. Especially with my new supply of brains!" Doctor Doctor bursted into cackles as Oleander glared at her.

"Don't you lay a hand on her..." He coldly threatened.

"Oh, I won't." Doctor Doctor pulled out a surgical table with various blades and even a chainsaw was present. "I'll let my tools do all the work, even if it'll be a tad bit... Deadly...". 

Oleander's eyes widened in horror, as Doctor Doctor grabbed a nearby marker, preparing to make the guidelines for her operation. 

"Your brains will be fine of course, not quite positive whether your body will be..." Doctor Doctor sneered. "But of course, I have other, more harmless, methods. If you're willing to comply..."

Defenseless, Oleander had no other choice but to comply with Doctor Doctor's demands.

"We'll just go with the harmless methods, as long as you won't hurt her!" Oleander pleaded.

"Very well," Doctor Doctor placed the marker into her pocket, before pulling out a canister of sneezing powder.

"How could your kind have such a pathetic weakness as sneezing?" Doctor Doctor sneered with a cackle. "No matter, your brains will soon belong to me!"

Doctor Doctor stepped back, positioning the canister under Oleander's nostrils, before shaking it.

The yellow flakes drifted through the air and straight up Oleander's nose. Oleander cringed at the strong miasma, as he felt the tingling sensation to sneeze.

Strong agonizing pulsations filled the man's head, feeling his brain losing contact with his body. It didn't take long before he gave in from all the excruciating pain.