4: Going For Drinks

---------------------Chapter Start---------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

"So, what do you say? think of it as something to sort of further pay you back for my treatment of you." I said, holding out a hand. We finished with our Knightly duties for the day, I offered to take Eula out to a tavern to make up to her for my past prejudices. I already had one in mind, considering my friend Diluc would probably understand the situation.

"Hm, very well. I'll trust you word on it. If you try pulling anything again however, know that vengeance will be mine!" She says, before taking it and shaking my hand.

". . . what?"

"Force of habit. But I uh . . . are you sure that its a good idea for someone like me to be seen with you out and about, especially in a tavern?" Eula asks, somewhat afraid of what might happen, feeling the temperature drop as a result of her triggering her vision unknowingly. Waving her worries away, I enthusiastically told her it'd be fine, and id vouch for her, before activating my own vision to cancel out the cold. Eula smiles, crossing her arms and smiling softly at my gesture. 

"Very well. B-But, lets not get ahead of ourselves, t-this is just an outing between two friends and not a date. Understood?" 

"Y-Yeah. Didn't even cross my mind." 

An air of awkwardness surrounds us before we eventually just decided to move past it and head out. Eula got a lot of stares and glares from people, which led to me narrowing my eyes at them, essentially telling people to back off. I can only imagine what worse they would say if I or anyone else in the knights weren't around. Arriving at the Angel' Share, Diluc sees me and welcomes me in with a nod. Waving back, I then motioned for Eula to follow. I seated us towards the front. Diluc sees Eula, and gives a concerned look at me, with me signaling she was with me, and it was fine. 

"Very well, what may I get for you two today?" Diluc asks, finishing up some with cleaning some glasses. Eula seemed  a little sheepish so I ordered two Berry & Mint Bursts. Diluc leaves to get the drinks made leaving us two alone. 

"This place is rather . . . homey. Do you come here often, (Y/N)?"

"I do. Diluc is a friend, and they serve some great drinks here." I say, right as he slides over our drinks.

"See, this one even kinda reminds me of you! It's my favorite one to get." I said, pointing at it. Eula laughs at this before taking sips of it as we continued chatting. 

"Maybe I had you all wrong, (Y/N). At first I thought you nothing more than another detractor, and found your attempts to apprehend me-"

"Sorry bout those, heh"

"But, its nice to see someone who can see past my families legacies and just . . . treat me as my own person. For that, I am grateful." 

"I-It's nothing, don't mention it." I said back, trying to steady my racing heart. Eula went back to sipping on her drink, whilst stealing glances at me. She . . . no, it's unlikely that would be the case. 

I'm just a friend, I just have to get these feelings out of thought and mind, that's all. 

---------------------Chapter End---------------------------------------------