𝐈𝐗. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐳𝐚𝐚𝐫

The bazaar was far too crowded for Roni's liking, but that didn't prevent her from sticking close to the others. Whether she wanted to admit it or not, she'd rather be with them than alone in a strange place.

"What are we supposed to be doing?" Fridge asked.

"Looking for the missing map piece," Martha reminded them.

"So, we just start asking for it?" Fridge asked as if that didn't make sense.

"No, I just think we look around, we scope the place out, but most importantly, guys," Spencer instructed, "be discreet."

"Rations!" one of the merchants at a nearby stand called out, "Get your Rations!"

"Does anyone have any like money?" Bethany asked as she shoved her way forward. "I'm literally starving."

"Rations!" the merchant called again, "Get your Rations! Rations!"

"Guys, I think the game is trying to tell us to keep our health up." Spencer smoldered again. "We need to eat."

Fridge interrupted him. "Okay, stop doing that."

The two glared at one another. Roni smacked them both upside the head as she walked past. "The two of you can hash this out later."

"Oh, my gosh! This is so good," Bethany spoke with her mouth full, "I haven't had bread since I was, like, nine."

"Are you serious?" Martha raised an eyebrow.

"How do you think I got these abs?" Bethany asked. No one dared correct her and remind her of their situation.

"Let me try some of that," Fridge said, and Bethany handed him the rest of her loaf. Fridge froze as he tasted the food. "Wait, what—what is this?

"That's my famous pound cake," the merchant replied.

"Cake?" Martha looked over concerned.

"Bethany, you said this was bread." Fridge started to freak out.

"I guess it's been so long I've forgotten what it tastes like," Bethany admitted.

"How do you forget what—" Fridge groaned and then looked over at the others. "What's happening, something happening to me?"

"No." Martha shook her head.

"Am I—am I shaking? Am I breaking out?"

"No." Roni looked disgusted at the thought.

"Am I still black?"

Matt sighed at how important the question seemed but nodded his head. "Yes."

"Okay. Okay, right?" Fridge relaxed. "We're fine. Everything is fine. Yeah, it's okay. It probably just meant that I love cake. That I couldn't resist it. Hey, it's all good—"

Fridge exploded as he stood beside Spencer. Everyone screamed and ducked for cover.

"That's messed up," Roni muttered under her breath, still not believing what she just witnessed.

The regeneration chime echoed and Fridge fell down into a stand. One of the shelves crashed down on top of him as he scrambled to stand. "What the hell?!"

Spencer sighed and helped him up. "Like I said, it's important to be discreet."

"Hey, you also said eat," Fridge countered.

"Rations, Get your—"

Fridge warned the merchant, "You better shut your ass up!"

A child ran through the crowd, a bright smile on his face as he greeted them. "Dr. Bravestone. Thank goodness you're here. Jumanji needs you."