Chapter VI

I sigh as I save the last assignment spreadsheet into the "Assignments" folder on my computer. Once I make sure everything is saved properly, I take one last look at the classroom before leaving. When I get back to my apartment building, Paulo, the building concierge, who is also a very close friend, informs me that there is a new tenant in apartment 40. I ask him about who it is, and he tells me that the man's name is Moon-Jo. I suddenly get nervous, and don't know if I should go and talk to Moon-Jo or wait for him to talk to me. What if he doesn't even know I live here? I tell myself to stop overthinking it, before wishing Paulo a goodnight and heading to my own apartment, Number 39. As I am trying to open my door, all of the books I brought home fall out of my arm. Frustrated, I abandon trying to open the door, and begin picking up the books. Just then, I hear a door open, and look up to see none other than Moon-Jo himself.

"Do you need some help?" he asks

"Do you need some help?" he asks. I tell him I'm good as I pick up the last book and swiftly stand up. His black shirt is no longer buttoned all the way up, and I can't help but look a his chest muscles peeking out of the shirt folds. He seems to have caught me, but does not say anything about it. In an attempt to move on, I say, "I hear you've moved in here," He smiles and shakes his head. "It's amazing, you just happened to get the apartment right next to mine." He bites his bottom lip and looks away towards the elevator before he says, "I asked for this apartment." Forcing a giggle, I reply, "Well, none the less, it's still amazing that you ended up in the apartment next to mine." He looks at me before just shaking his head again. Wanting to not embarrass myself more, I wish him good night and make my way into my apartment.