Chapter VIII

I nervously make my way towards Moon-Jo's apartment door, and lightly knock on it when I reach there. In a matter of seconds, he opens the door. He looks as handsome as ever in a black turtleneck that is tucked in a pair of black slacks. There's something about Moon-Jo's style that allows him to be devilishly handsome no matter what he's wearing. "Do you need something Anna?, he asks, while still holding the door open. It's the first time he calls me by my first name, and I get weak at the sound of my name coming off his lips. Stuttering slightly I reply, "Y-yes! I wanted to know if you could accompany me to dinner. I know this great pasta restaurant a few blocks away. Without answering the question, he asks, "Your going in that?" I look down at my outfit, which consists of black booty shorts and a cropped white tee. Laughing off the comment, I reply, "Haha, no, I'm going to change of course." He looks straight into my eyes and says, "Good. A woman as pretty as you shouldn't be showing that much skin to just anyone. It's a dangerous world, with dangerous people who would take advantage of such innocence in a heartbeat." I blush at the fact of him calling me pretty and feel comfort in him wanting to protect me. I thank him, before asking him if he will come with me. He nods him head and I tell him that I would be ready in ten minutes, then I rush back to my own apartment.

When we arrive at the pasta restaurant, the waiter seats us a window table. "What do you usually get?, Moon-Jo asks without taking his eyes off the menu. With excitement I quickly reply, "The spaghetti! It's some of the best I've ever had." He nods before closing the menu and setting it aside. Showed I ask, "You've already decided?" "I trust your intuition," he replies while smiling at me. This smile is not unsettling in the least and make me feel nice and warm inside. After dinner, I eagerly ask Moon-Jo if he liked the spaghetti. He nods his head and we make our way back to the apartment complex.

"Thank you for coming eat with me Moon-Jo," I tell him as we get back to our apartments. Turning towards me, he grins and just looks into my eyes. Breaking the eye contact, I look towards my apartment door and gesture that I will go. "Goodnight," Moon-Jo says as I wave goodbye.

I want you Anna, but I don't deserve you. I can't change who I am, I won't. So don't let me catch your heart, or I will never let it go.