Chapter IX

It's been a month since Moon-Jo moved here and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Today is Sunday, and I walk out my apartment on my way to mass at the same as Moon-Jo walls out of his. There is something about this man and turtlenecks. He's always either wearing that or a suit. Anyhow, I wish him a good morning, and he looks at my outfit, before clapping his hands and giving me a big smile. "You always dress so nice Anna," He says, "Where are you headed?" I tell him I'm going to mass, and he tells me he will go with me. In the four weeks he has been here, I have never seen him go to mass. "Are you sure?" I ask as he locks him door and gestures for me to walk ahead of him to the elevators. "I have to make sure Miss D'Angelo is safe at all times," he says. Snickering I reply, "You've never come to mass with me before though. What if I needed you then?" I ask with raised eyebrows. By now, we are in the elevator. As the doors close, he leans over to my ear and whispers, "Trust me, I was there." This puts a ton of questions into my head, and I want to know so badly what he meant by that. I refrain from asking for now, and place it on the back burner for now.

After mass, we walk slowly back to the apartment complex. I think of something to do for the day, then it comes to me. "Moon-Jo, does your offer on teaching me about the human mouth still stand?" I ask with hopeful eyes. "Why do you suddenly ask?" He inquiries. "Because I can't think of anything else to do, and I'm in the mood to pull some teeth," I reply in a joking manner. Moon-Jo's eyes sparkle in amusement and he makes that weird smile again. "Ok then, let's head to the high school," he says through his smile.

The things you'll learn from me Miss D'Angelo.