Chapter XIII

The rest of the week has been terrible, I can't sleep at night, I can barely eat, and most of all, my head and heart are having a tug of war over how I should feel about Moon-Jo. It's Saturday night, and all I can do is sit in my couch and contemplate. Getting frazzled at my thoughts becoming absurd, I stand up and walk out of my apartment to Moon-Jo's with determination. Only a moment after I knock, Moon-Jo opens up the door wearing only a pair of black shorts.

I turn around quickly and ask in a frustrated tone, "Why don't you cover yourself before answering the door?" Snickering, he replies, "Because I knew it was you

I turn around quickly and ask in a frustrated tone, "Why don't you cover yourself before answering the door?" Snickering, he replies, "Because I knew it was you. Why do you visit your neighbors at such late hours?" Ignoring his sarcasm, I ask him to put on a shirt. Before he can though, I hear the elevator doors open, so I dart into his apartment and shut the door. Laughing he puts on a shirt, but doesn't button it up, so his abs are still very visible. Mentally slapping myself for getting distracted from my mission, I say, "Moon-Jo, I won't ever tell anyone about our conversation earlier this week or report you to the authorities..." As I pause from speaking he says, "I sense a but coming." With a sigh, I continue, "But...I want you to get out my life and not bother me or anyone around me...ever." He walks over to me, but because I am still scared of him, I instinctively take one step back for every step he takes forward. Suddenly, he rushes up to me. In fear, I close my eyes and put my arms in front of my face. Once I realize he has not harmed me, I lower my arms and realize that he has placed his hand behind my head to keep it from hitting the door. "I thought I made it clear to you that I have no intention of letting you go," he says as he straightens his stance. Trying to breath evenly, I respond, "I can still be yours, just don't bother me. That should be easy for you, considering the fact that your emotions act very differently from anyone else's." He smiles, as if he is happy to know that I acknowledge his uniqueness. Walking away from me, he heads over to a side table and opens a box. He pulls a necklace out of it and walks back towards me. Gesturing for me to turn around he places the necklace around my neck as he says, "Very well, I'll let you live your life without me, but always keep this on you. Also, know that just because I will not be with you does not mean I don't know what your doing." I inhale sharply, and turn back around to face him. Under different circumstances, I could probably find it in myself to look past Moon-Jo's darkness, but right now I can't. Without much else to say, I say good night to Moon-Jo and head back to my own apartment. When I get back, I look at the circular locket that is on the necklace and realize that it is has a glass front with a little piece of something inside. Flipping over the locket, I see the words 'Always Mine' engraved on the back.