Met through a sad time

"You are joking right?" Kakashi asked as he gripped his phone tighter.

"No....I hate this too but it's happening." Kakashi's sensei, Minato, responded through the phone.

"What about.." Kakashi said, worried for his favorite blond.

"Oh! I have to go, but Naruto will be with you during this." Minato interrupted, sounding rushed.

Then hit the sound, indicating that he hung up. Kakashi couldn't believe it, his sensei and his sensei's wife are getting a divorce. They were always so happy and even started a family like they always wanted. Naruto is only fifteen he rarely gets a full family time. Those times were rare. Oh, that answers his question. They are getting a divorce because they rarely see each other, guess their happiness died.

Kakashi walked to his front door, getting ready for a walk, he needed fresh air. When Kakashi opened the door he was met with a Naruto that looked like he was about to knock.

"Naru-to?" Kakashi said, staring at the younger one.

"Hey Kakabaka." Naruto said in a low voice.

Kakashi motioned Naruto inside, which he followed. When they sat down in the living room it was awkwardly quiet.

"They fought last night." Naruto said, his bangs hiding his eyes. "They fought to the point it was full blown yelling."

Naruto continued to look at the table, ignoring Kakashi's eyes on him.

"They started getting more heated with each other." Naruto continued. "One day they were debating on making me a sibling then the next they were fighting."

Kakashi reached his hand out to him but stopped midway.

"Kakashi! The family is breaking before it even starts!" Said yelled, not full blown sobbing. "Okaasan and otousan never had happy moments in front of me, they were always cold to each other! Why!"

Kakashi didn't hesitate anymore and pulled the sobbing blond into his chest. Not before running over to him.

Naruto wasted no time and grabbed onto him. Sobbing his eyes out. Kakashi, while holding the blond, let a few tears drop. His sensei's happy relationship and family plans have gone down so quickly.

"Kakashi." Naruto said, into Kakashi's chest, letting out a few sniffles. "Is it my fault, cause I heard they were so happy, but once I came it all went downhill."

Kakashi was shocked to say the least. He couldn't and didn't want to believe that it was his fault, even if it was he wouldn't care.

"It's not your fault." Kakashi said, hugging the blond tighter while resting his face in the blinds fluffy hair.

Naruto let out a few more sobs before he fell asleep, exhausted from all that crying.

Once Kakashi realized, he picked up the blond and carried him to his bed. Laid him down and got in.

Kakashi cuddled Naruto that night. Naruto holding Kakashi back.

"Let this warmth stay forever." Kakashi thought as he finally fell asleep, a last few tears making it way down his maskless face.