Confusing

Everyone was acting weird today. It's the eighteenth of May and there was nothing special going on. Tanjiro recently got back from a mission, along with Zenitsu and Inosuke. Though all three of them were acting weird as well, they got back yesterday and seemed normal. I don't feel right asking anyone what's going on, maybe I did something, I have changed. I talk more and do my own thing more so I may be annoying to others. Tanjiro, and Master scare me the most. Master ease with the butterflies and when she saw me walk over she gave a small bow and left. Tanjiro, whenever he sees me he gets jumpy and runs away.

"Zenitsu-" I tried to ask him.

"Ah! Kanao, sorry I'm a bit busy!" He interrupted and ran off, just like Tanjiro.

I definitely did something, the problem is me. Everyone is freaking out because of me. I knew I should have stayed silent, even Tanjiro, the one who told me to speak up, is avoiding me. He didn't want me around once he found how annoying I was. I felt my breathing start to shift, it was uneven. I tried to fix my breathing, tried to close my heart like it once was, but I couldn't. My breathing got worse and my vision went blurry as tears were starting to slowly fall. My knees grew weak, I was standing in the middle of the hall and soon fell to my knees. I grabbed my shirt where my heart would be, my other hand on the floor holding me up. Tears kept flowing, a lot were falling to the floor. My arms grew shaky as my breathing got worse, I couldn't gain control of it anymore.

"Kanao!" I heard someone yell. I knew the voice but couldn't think of who it was. I looked up but all I saw was a blur, the tears still flooding my eyes. "Kanao!"

I then feel a warm embrace. The person hugged me. My breathing slowed down a bit and my vision cleared enough to see who it was. Black and red hair and red eyes, the eyes of Kamado Tanjiro.

"Kanao! Are you alright?" Tanjiro exclaimed as he hugged me tighter.

What was happening, I thought he hated me now, why is he comforting me, why is he even here, Master said I was in charge since no one was going to be here.

"T-Tanjiro?" I asked, "why are you here? I thought you left?"

"I was told to get you." Tanjiro was holding my shoulders, looking me in the eyes.

"Oh, alright." I whisper. I watched him stand up and he reached his hand to me.

"Let's clean you up." He had the sweetest smile, it could make anyone melt. All my worries seemed like the last thing to worry about.

I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up. He started gently pulling me to a place, probably a room to 'clean me up' like he said.

"Here we are." Tanjiro pulled me into a room. I looked around and saw it was my plain, basic, room. He must have been pulling me into the bathroom.

When we entered the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror. It was embarrassing, my hair was a mess and my eyes were red and puffy with tear streaks down my cheeks. I felt extremely embarrassed that the first person to see me like this was Tanjiro. I saw Tanjiro approach me.

"Here, look at me." Tanjiro told me so I did. He was wiping my cheeks with a damp cloth. "Your eyes are less red and puffy so they should be fine by the time we arrive."

Tanjiro is a confusing person. He has sympathy for demons, protects his younger sister who is a demon, has an extremely rock hard head, a scar that changes almost all the time, a smile too good to be true, but the thing that confused me the most was what he said. 'Arrive'? Where were we to go, how come he said he was 'sent to get me', it made no sense.

Tanjiro let out a soft laugh that broke me out of my thoughts. "Your hair is a mess." He put the cloth down and moved his hands to my hair. "Here, let me re-do it."