Chapter 13

I look into my watch checking all the teams' places. It has been two and a half hours already and it was getting late. Somehow the other teams instantly knew that they were going in the wrong direction and went to our path which I thought was unfair but oh well.

I look into the leaderboard while Clay was leading the way. We were in first place with all eight flags while the second team had six. We were running out of time and we needed to get to camp in two hours. "Found it!" Clay said in a cocky tone holding up the ninth cyan flag.

I sigh turning off my watch as the hologram disappears, "Where's the clue?" I asked glaring at him as he pockets the flag. He shrugs frowning, "Aren't you going to praise me for my awesomeness?" He said his frown quickly disappearing turning into a smirk.

I scoff rolling my eyes, "You wish now where is it" I say pushing him slightly to the side and seeing the sign that had the clue.

The sign is in front of me with the letters in front, "Deep in the woods, two paths, behind the shadows and light. Is the answer" I read turning my gaze to Clay who had his nails against his closed mouth thinking deeply.

I take a deep breath in, "It says deep in the woods so we probably need to get going straight to the path. It is getting dark. It's better to finish this shit earlier so we can never talk again" I mumble taking a picture of the clue and start to walk through the forest.

I hear his footsteps catch up, "Never talk again? That is the biggest cap I have ever heard in my darling" he said in the most sarcastic way possible that both of us could hear. I turn my head to face him while my feet were still walking, "Seriously? You're flirting with me now? It's a waste" I say shrugging.

I see him smirk, "It's not a waste when it annoys you" He smiles speeding up his pace more than me. I could feel my eyes twitch annoyed and angry because of how good he was to get on my nerves like it was just a simple snap of the fingers.

I look up to the sky and see the sun starting to set and I could already see the sky getting dark and the moon was starting to pop up. The birds were already going to their homes and the bats were now flying through the sky.

The atmosphere was getting colder than usual and the breeze was getting slightly stronger. Animals were starting to go to their homes and the sky was getting plastered with different colors of the rainbow. I smile weakly when I saw two rabbits getting into their home inside the tree trunk.

"Fuck" I flinch when I hear Clay hiss under his breath. I look up to see him stop walking and so do I. I raise an eyebrow confused, "Why'd you stop?" I find myself asking him taking a step to the side. That was when I saw two paths going in different directions.

I also curse under my breath and sigh, "We should go to the left together. I think it's better-" I suggest but I already saw Clay making his way to the right path of the forest. I roll my eyes and jog over Clay snatching on his wrist.

I see him gasp lowly shoving his hand to his and glaring at me like he was in flames, "I'm taking this path. This path and this path only. If you're going to take that one" he says pointing at the left path, "Then go alone, I simply don't care. Because I work for my own good. I work for me and for me only" He hisses.

I scoff crossing my arms looking away laughing lowly in disbelief but it turns into a frown, "Seriously-? You know actually fine. I'll go there, I'd rather be alone anyway. Rather than be with your selfish self" I spat back at him slinging my bag to my shoulder.

I hear him groan kicking the rocks beneath our shoes, "Fine!" I hear him shout, "Take that one! Let's see who's actually right!" He says and I could already hear his footsteps getting faint for my hearing.