The Starbird (a ship)

Yemen's Point of View:

  I guided Yuma to the Starbird, my small ship. Her eyes widened when she saw it.

  "That is my ship, the Starbird. It is okay. It has shields and guns, but I mainly just live in there. You will, too, until your training is complete," I explained to my Padawan.

  "Will we ever go into space? I have never been there," she admitted.

  "Of course, my young Padawan. Training starts tomorrow," I told her. She ran into the ship and explored while I went to the cockpit to fly my ship. "Here we go!" Yuma sat down as we took off into space.

Yuma's Point of View:

  We went into space and I gasped. All the stars, all the planets, they were beautiful.

  "Beautiful, right?" Yemen asked.

  "Yes, Master. Beautiful," I answered. Yemen smiled and put the ship on auto pilot. He patted my shoulder, and signaled for me to follow him down a hall.

  "Here is your room," he explained. I nodded and put my stuff in there. When I was done, I turned around to see Yemen still standing there. "Meditate."

  "I will try," I told him.

  He shook his head. "'Do or do not. There is no try.'" I realized he just quoted Yoda. I nodded and began to meditate. I heard the door shut and footsteps retreating down the hall.

Yemen's Point of View:

  I walked down the hall as my Padawan meditated. I sighed and decided to meditate myself. Soon I found myself hearing voices.

  "Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda.

  "I'm not afraid." Unknown.

  "Hmm. Adventure. Hmmf. Excitement. A Jedi does not crave this things." Yoda.

  All these voices spun around my head and I opened my eyes. I was back in my room on the Starbird. How is Yuma doing? I asked myself. I closed my eyes and focused on Yuma's feelings through the Force. I realized that she was hearing the voices of past Jedi masters as well. I walked to her room and opened the door as she opened her eyes.

  "I heard voices. What were they, Master?" she asked.

  "They were the voices of past masters, Yuma. I heard them as well," I answered.

  "Oh," was all she said. She walked out of the room and past me, toward the ramp of the ship.

  "Where are you going?" I asked.

  "I am going to train me and my spirit animal," she replied.

  "Okay," I said and pressed the button to open the ship's ramp. Yuma walked out and rolled up her sleeve, releasing the wolf. "May I watch?"

  "Of course," she replied, petting the wolf and rubbing its fur. "Looks like I will become a Jedi Master and defend the galaxy from the Empire. And guess what, Riverdawn? You get to help." Riverdawn? Such a strange name for any being. Oh, well, I thought. Yuma closed her eyes and Riverdawn did the same.

  "That is good, Riverdawn. Master, she picked her own name. How can I even understand her?" she asked suddenly.

  "The Force, Yuma. It surrounds us. Penatrates us. It binds the galaxy together. And it is strong in you, or you would not be here," I explained. She nodded, smiled, and turned to her wolf. She stood up and connected with the wolf. She started to train. I realized that she was strengthening the bond between her and Riverdawn and she was also training the wolf in combat and communication. It was fascinating, like she was a Jedi Master already. Tomorrow she would start training. Soon, she would take a test. And maybe she'll become a wonderful Jedi Master. Or just a very good Jedi Knight.