Chapter One

I slipped on my gloves as I sat on my open window seal. The night was chilly but the sky starry. Perfect for patrol. I loaded my belt, applied my red helmet, then plummeted from the window.

My grappling hook shot into the air, connecting to a building and shooting me up to land on the roof.

I always enjoyed patrol. Something Bruce rubbed off on me.

Most of the time, I would just stop the usual, minor crime-- muggers, burglars, and robbers-- noting I did stop most of the drug dealing in Gotham; the main, major reason why Gotham was so corrupted. But yet, no one appreciated me for it.

I came across a barren street, where most of the muggers struck. And no doubt it wasn't going to be any different tonight.

I heard a scream and I looked ahead. I spotted action down the road so I made a move quickly.

There were men beating a girl. I saw one swinging a crowbar and I immediately swept my gun into my hand, easily aimed, and pulled the trigger. The all stopped, looking my way as I put my leg on the edge and rested my arm upon it. I looked closely as I spoke, "I fucking hate crowbars." The street was stained, the knives in the hands of some of them were red, and the girl had multiple cuts dripping blood. "Anyways...now who's next?"

They pulled out their weapons and I smirked on the inside of my helmet, jumping down onto the street.

I elbowed one in the face, flipping him over my shoulder and into another as I shot one in the leg. I backflipped over a bullet, pulling the trigger of my own and shooting him before I could land. These things got easier every time.

Kicking one in the chest, I shot the runaways in the foot to make sure they couldn't get too far. I grabbed the girl and signaled Gotham PD by pressing a button so they could take care of the rest. I saw her wince at my touch and I loosened my grip a little.

I took her to the hospital, and thank goodness she could at least walk. She put a soft hand on my chest as she got on her tiptoes and whispered in my ear. "Thank you, Jason."

My eyes widened. How did she know who I was?

Before I could say anything, nurses were forcing her onto the gurney and pushing her into the hospital. I looked at my suit, which was trickled with her blood. Now that I have her DNA, I can find out who she really is.