Chapter Three

I've been watching Nia for about two weeks now, and she was back up and walking. Her bandages came off one at a time, except the stitches she had to get from one severe cut. Tonight, I watched from the roof of the building across from the hospital. Her room was in the front, fortunately, and I watched as she opened her window.

She leaned on the window seal, locking her hands together as the breeze got caught in her hair. My grappling hook connected to the hospital roof and I swept over the street, hitting my feet against the wall while wrapping my wrist around the cord and looking at Nia. She smiled. She's been begging me to take her grappling, but I only said when she was healing. Under my mask, I rolled my eyes, a smirk on my face as I grab her hip, sweeping her from the window and grappling pass the streets.

She gripped my jacket, a smile on her face until her nose scrunched up and eyebrows furrowed, suddenly wincing as a slight grunt escaped her lips. We softly landed on the roof as she grabbed her side. "I think I popped a stitch." She says and I tell her to lay down. I've been bringing some medical stuff, since I've been needing them lately. I lifted her shirt slightly, and blood slowly dripped from the broke stitch on the curve of her waist. Taking out a cotton ball, needle and stitch from my new medical pocket on my belt, I begin, thanking Alfred for his patch ups I've learned some things from. She winced and I apologized immediately.

"No, no. You're good-" She says then hisses through her teeth as I pull the stitch, tying it and breaking the rest of it off. She rolled onto her back as I put my hands on my knees. "You okay?" I ask and she nods. "Other than a sore side, I'm fine."

Her eyebrows furrow again as she crosses her arms. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"I don't know why you still have that mask on." She pouts then continues, "I understand you don't want to show me your entire face, but at least show me some again."

"You knew my name. Wouldn't you know my face?" I question.

"Did I say I knew your face? I just knew your name." She says, looking over to the street. I sigh, raising my helmet again. She smiled widely, taking it from my hands quick. "About time you show your bestfriend some of your face again."

I raised an eyebrow and she nodded. "Yeah, I said bestfriend." She put the mask on. "How's it look? Don't I look badass?" I chuckled as she got up and started pretending to be Red Hood, imaginary machine guns in her hands that she made sound effects to. I got up in the middle of her act and carefully pulled the helmet off of her. She was really close, and we were suddenly stuck staring at each other in silence. It was then I noticed how hot she was.

We both cleared our throats awkwardly, seperating a little. She brushed her hair behind her ear as I scratched the back of my neck. "T-Thanks for the...grappling. I was starting to wonder if you were going to keep your promise or not." She says, rubbing her arm a little and looking at the ground. "I always keep my promises." I say and she sits down on the edge. I sit down next to her, close enough for the side of our legs to touch. She looked down at the small cars, the city lights tinting her skin and the breeze giving her beauty even more affect. "Then make me another promise."

"Alright," I say and she looks at me.

"Promise me that we can do this again someday soon."

I smiled, taking her hand in mine.

"I promise."