Asleep(Jace's POV)

I wished she had meant she metaphorically ripped his heart out of his chest, but the proof was in the toilet, literally. She looked wild. Not in the way I once admired, but in a more primal way. I longed for her old wildness, her ferocity. Above all, I hated to see her in the pain that was clear on her face. It was that that made me wish I had been the one to tear out Sebastian's heart.

"What did he do to you, Clary?" Simon asked, barely above a whisper.

"He..." she began. She shook her head. "It really doesn't matter now, does it?"

"Of course it does," I answered. She laughed.

"Clary..." Jocelyn said.

"Don't you talk to me," Clary snapped.

"Clarissa," Luke gasped.

"I would like to speak to Magnus alone," was all she said.

The rest of us reluctantly left the two in the bathroom.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Simon asked.

"I think the more important question is what happened to her in Eden." Isabelle said.

"What do you think happened to her?" Jocelyn said. "My son was a monster, and he destroyed her."

"Clary is still in there, she just needs our help," I said.

"People don't just bounce back from something like she went through," Isabelle said.

"Clary can," I snapped. Behind me, Luke collapsed. Jocelyn was walking toward him when she collapsed. Then Simon. Then Isabelle. Then Alec. And finally, me.

"Time to get off your ass, Herondale," Magnus said. He was shaking me awake. I woke up with a start. Everyone else in the room was still fast asleep.

"Where is Clary?" I demanded.

"I had to let her go," he said. "She said she would burn down the entire city. And I saw the fire burning inside her... she could do it."

"Where is she?" I repeated.

"She said she was going back to the start."

"I know where she is," I said. "Wake the others, and send them to Pandemonium."

I rose to my feet and went to the door. Before I closed the door, Magnus called after me, "How sure are you that she's there?"

I turned to him and said, "I know Clary."