Its Just A Game

(The fates are narrating)

1 Year Later.

8 Years Old.

[A ballet room is shown with all the girls as well as Amara's hair was pulled back into a tight bun, wearing a black leotard with pink ballet shoes]

Ahh, Ballet most little girls would beg their parents for these lessons to be able to dance as graceful as a Swan.

A few Demi-Gods scoff at this, their parents wouldn't let them do it, or they didn't want to do it.

[Amara is shown dancing her movements were graceful, controlled, beautiful as she spun around on one foot with her hands above her head]

"You're a beautiful dancer" Aphrodite compliments.

"Again" the instructor said.

[Their movement moved swift and in rhythm to the music]

It had to be perfect

"Again"

It wasn't perfect

"Again"

The madame had told theses girls that they were not glass. They would not break. Only the breakable ones broke and they were made of marble.

Many ever outraged at this, they were just kids!

There were only 12 alive. The others have been killed.

Shocking silence across the room at this and sadness for the poor girls.

Twenty seven came to the redroom with Amara when she came back from Ohio.

They had all killed at least one each, Amara had killed two.

Amara looks away not being able to look at anyone but her family give her a comforting smile, knowing she didn't have a choice.

The ballet lessons were not for what most little girls would take them for. No theses lessons were to improve the girls flexibility, agility and stamina. Which although Amara was good at it...she hated it.

The girls would dance between 4 to 8 hours continuously every day, if there were lucky they would have a day off from it only for it to be replaced with another extended lesson.

"That's horrible"

[A shooting range is shown. Amara is shown tossing the gun easily hand to hand as she pulls the trigger three times]

[All the bullets pierced the centre of the target]

"Shit that Was wicked" the stroll twins and Hermes impressed.

Earning a smug smile from Amara.

"Very good" The madam praises

Over time Amara gained the repetition of being the best and visibly becoming the favourite of the madam and the instructors.

Most would see being the best as the greatest thing, well she didn't.

"Why not?" Annabeth says confused, she always wanted to be known as the best.

The instructors taught her more fervently, pushed her harder than the rest. Any tiny mistake that others would make that were looked over she was punished for.

"What do they mean punished" Podeison questions his daughter in a deathly calm voice.

"You don't want to know dad" She says grimly.

Other girls dream up ways for how to punish her, get her into trouble or injure her to make the lessons harder on her, as there was no such thing as a recovery time or sick days there.

"Those bitches"

When an incident occurred where Amara had enough and beat up a girl in the showers and was told.

Apollo and Podeison couldn't help feel proud of Amara for taking no shit from them.

Madame: "pain is important knowledge. Pain makes you stronger, which means being better, better from the rest. And if they cause you pain that means you are the best"

"Not its not" Athena says in disgusted outrage.

Amara: "but I don't want to be the best"

Madame: "if you don't want to be the best then you can die. If you want that I can arrange it all you have to do is ask Amara"

And that was the last time Amara cared about what people thought of her, and she finally realised it wasn't about being the best in the redroom. It was being the best at surviving the redroom.

Many look at her sadly.

She just cuddles more into Apollo not wanting the looks.

[Madame nodded to a guard and the guard nodded back and left, returning moments later with a man with a bag over his head hands bound behind his back]

Amara tenses and hides her self in apollos shoulder not wanting to see this.

[The man was breathing heavy, panicked his whole body shaking and sweaty, turning his head left and right trying to see through the bag over his head]

[The madame came over to Amara and handed her a gun which Amara looked at her confused]

Madame: "kill him"

"What?"

[Amara looked and the gun in her hands to the tied up man letting out a shaky breathe]

Amara never wanted to be a killer. She didn't ask for it, it's not as if she was given a choice but before the words could exit her mouth saying she didn't want to this she was told

"Kill him or we will kill you"

And there it was again. The game for survival. Killed or be killed, never given a choice.

[She lifted the pointed it at the man, the camera focuses on Amara's face before she pulls the trigger, blacked face with unsheaded tears]

Some look away from the screen not wanting to see this.

The Gods although seen worse felt the same due to her not having a choice in the matter, they couldn't help but think how long did she go without free will?

[She pulls the trigger and blood flicks across her face as she flinches slightly letting out a deep breathe she was holding]

No one said a word they all held their breaths as Amara tense at the sound of the gun shot.

Apollo looks at his lover sadly bringing her in closer as it it was even possible.

[Her hands dropped to her side blinking, handing the madam the gun who smirked proudly and nodded at Amara]

8 years old

3 people dead.

"My poor daughter" Podeison says sadly as he looks at his little girl cuddling with Apollo.

"I'm okay now dad" giving him a sad smile, it brightens slightly as she looks at James who gives her a soft smile back as she tell her dad "besides...I had a great person get me out"