Passing Grade

This time, you tried to get a good bit of sleep.
A nap if anything, but still sleep. But nothing of the such came.

You had just begun to realize that you, in fact, are a prisoner.

It could just be your anxiety kicking in, just trying to stop you from a good nap.

But, After all, it made sense.

Why would they give you a room if you weren't going to stay here?

Why go out of their way to track you, not even a day after an incident, just to bring you here and do some tests?

Why hasn't your uncle tried to call or anything...?

That question made your lips quiver. Did he know about this? DOES he know you're here?

You imagined him on the couch, crying, because he let you go somewhere once and now he's lost you.

And, if you're here, he will have lost the one person he has left. Forever.

As all these thoughts and conclusions were festering, you could feel your eyes water up.

For the first time in forever,
You wanted to cry.

Now sat up in the bed, its blanket underneath you, you tried to compose yourself a bit more for when they were ready with the tests.

You didn't want them to see you crying, after all.

~~~

It was quite a while before anyone came close to the door, at least another hour or so of waiting. When they did finally show up, it was a doctor you hadn't seen before.

He was wearing some sort of hazmat suit; A big, yellow, heavy looking rubber enclosure around his body. A large transparent shield in front of his face provided him his sense of sight, if not a bit smudged from the look of it.

The guy only opened the door and beckoned you to follow. You figured he was the guy so you obliged and got up from your bed. When you got close, he stepped back and proceeded at least a few feet from you to your destination.

He seemed nervous, or maybe just didnt want to get near you.

Understandable, you supposed.

You were lead past Dr. Scarcliffes lab, the entrance where you came in, to another part of the seemingly endless complex. Another building rather, as the hazmat guy opened a door to the outside, leading to a long bridge overlooking a large expansive area.

The whole area to your left was a mixture of sprawling grassland and large steel buildings, all connected by a series of large bridges, elevators and doors, to make what looked like a large octagon from a distance.

In the center, there was a taller building labeled '500'. You noticed before turning your gaze to the right that all buildings seem to have numbers; The one you came from was marked '507' while the one you were headed too was '508'.

To your right, you could see a drop that looked like a cliff, and further out from it was the ocean. It would have been a wonderful day for a beachside walk, if you weren't being contained that is.

You didn't have all the time in the world unfortunately, and was lead yet again into another building. Luckily, you didn't have to walk much farther than that to get where you were going. You could see Dr. Maynard near the middle of the hallway, and when she saw you she smiled and waited for you to come closer.

When you got there, you could see a large metal door she was leaning on, as well as a smaller metal door right behind her on the same wall.

Dr. Maynard: Hello Y/N, did you like your room?