eight

( new york city , new york )

after parking his motorcycle, chris began to stop off of the seat, and place his helmet on the handlebars. delilah then hands him her helmet, which he places next to his.

"where are we?" delilah asked, looking around at all of the shops next to them. "just follow me!" chris smiles, while delilah grabs his arm and walks with the boy. she was a taller girl, and chris was over a head taller than her; but delilah really didn't know what his height was exactly, but the height difference between them was quite laughable.

"frozen yogurt?" the girl laughed, as chris walked her into a very brightly lit frozen yogurt shop. a group of teens sat at a big table, staring at chris and delilah as they walked in. delilah still to this day was intimidated by groups of teens in public, even thought she was almost 22 years old.

chris and delilah filled their cups with froyo, adding a few toppings to them as well. they decided to eat outside, because there was a park bench that had the perfect view of the hudson river.

they both sat down and began awkwardly taking bites of their froyo. delilah leaned closer to chris, making the boy a bit confused; but he went with it anyway. "why did you want to take me out so badly, did something come up?" delilah asked out of nowhere, licking her spoon clean, then putting it back into her froyo.

chris sighed, "i don't know how to explain it, just wanted to spend time with you; i guess." he said while shrugging his broad shoulders. delilah scrunched her eyebrows. "that's quite random, christopher sturniolo. aren't i just a business deal?" delilah says sarcastically, tilting her head onto the boys shoulder dramatically as she spoke. the boy just simply rolled his blue eyes.

"i wouldn't say business deal, i'd say more of just a random deal." chris responded while looking out at the scenery in-front of them. "you'll get your money soon, i'm sorry for being a bit late with it; just wanted you to kinda be here longer, sorry for sounding like the way i am right now, i'm just not good at wording things." chris stammers, sighing as he spoke.

delilah laughed and nodded. "okay, the deal is still a deal, and i would really like that money." delilah smiles, batting her eyelashes at the boy, causing his to scoff. "clearly i want to spend time with you and you're still talking about the money." chris scoffed, on his way to get up from the bench. "wait, you brought it up!" delilah shouted, as the boy started to walk to his motorcycle.

he stopped in his tracks and breathed heavily, knowing that she was right. his heart slightly fell while she said she'd really like that money, making him feel like that's all she was going out with him for. delilah was never really good at communicating, most things she said came out either wrong, or rude. chris noticed this, but realized that he should probably spend their night out having fun, and not worry about if delilah was using him for the money or not. he'd worry about that at a later time.

"fine, delilah. you're right, i'm sorry. can we just pretend that didn't happen?" chris sighed, grabbing his custom helmet, and handing delilah hers. she shrugged her shoulders, and put her helmet on. "sure! i wanna go for a ride." she stuck her thumbs up, and sat down on the motorcycle behind chris.

well that was easy! chris thought, before starting the engine and speeding his way down the street, almost hitting a pedestrian as he did so.

the ride was quiet, the only thing that delilah could here was the sound of the motorcycle revving. she had no clue where chris would be taking her next, but she was truly having fun on this little getaway.