If It Ain't One Thing, It's Another.

This is probably my favorite candid shot of him lol. Like, look at the material!

Zaria

When my mother called Uncle Rodney for a favor, he came through with no questions asked. Made a few calls and had his own private attorney pick up the case for us. Based on the information we provided, he couldn't tell us whether or not the court system would proceed within a few days or within the next month.

I didn't want to take any chances so I decided to call and check the price of Valeria's bail. I was relieved to hear that it was gonna cost a couple hundred dollars. However, the bail bonds office didn't open until today meaning she had to spend her Sunday in a jail cell since she was arrested on Saturday.

"I hope you don't expect Rodney to take care of this on his own. This is your friend at the end of the day." Ma fusses.

We were currently sitting in the waiting area of the bail bonds office, anticipating for someone to call out our name to get the process going.

"Of course not. I'll pay him back for the lawyer expenses as soon as I get the money."

I'm already thinking of ways I can pay my uncle back once this is done and over with. For starters, I'll have to dip into my savings, maybe hand over my graduation money or go back to work at the youth center as a temporary aide.

If anything, Valeria will definitely reimburse the majority of the funds. It was her idea to throw some punches after all.

"I can't believe Carol's daughter. If I'd known they was gonna be starting all this trouble, I would've told you not to bring them here. This is just too much."

I remain silent, feeling the guilt rush over with a quickness.

I couldn't deny how right she was at the moment. I should've just came home alone instead of bringing them two with me. I'll know better next time.

"Did Allen land in Boston yet?" She switches the subject.

"I'm not sure."

I was suppose to leave with him the night of the whole arrest but that obviously didn't happen.

When Allen arrived to pick me up, he seen how distraught I was and decided to stay with me at my mother's house. Literally argued on the phone with Gary about how being by my side was more important than interviews and designing shoes. Sent his entourage back to their hotel rooms and stayed with me that night and all day yesterday.

We spent most of our Sunday alone in my bedroom laid up together as he kept me sane and comfortable. Every time I tried to tell him how my problems were minor compared to his scheduled arrangements, he'd explain that his family comes first no matter what. I respected his decision but I honestly didn't want him to see me in that condition.

A hot-emotional-ass-mess.

He gave a listening ear when I expressed how I felt about the altercation between my two good friends. How I felt conflicted between the two. And even though they've been bickering for the longest, I never expected the drama to get this extreme within a few days.

My biggest regret was how I handled things with Jodie. I should've approached her differently but it's too late now since she's not answering my calls or two way messages. I guess the only way we'll be able to talk is when I return back to our apartment.