Are All Demons Just Slug Monsters?

Me, Luz, Nevereth, Amber, and now a small cute fairy princess, leave a small section of the woods that's home to a fairy kingdom.

"Thank you for inviting us into your kingdom, princess. All your food was so tiny and cute." Luz thanks.

The fairy twirls her wrists and creates two sets of bracelets and hands them to Luz and me.

"For you, chosens."

"Seriously, thank you," I agree, sliding them on, "You all have been so kind and thoughtful."

"I hope this quest never ends!" Luz cheers, striking a pose that I quickly mirror.

"Your quest will soon come to an end, for the staff you seek is around the bend!" Chris explains.

"Thanks for ruining the mood, Chris," I grumble, dropping the pose.

"Go on, chosen, the celestial staff is just ahead." Nevereth encourages, lightly resting a hand on my shoulder.

Amber looks at Luz and nods with a smile. Luz joins up with me and we begin walking down the path. Everyone cheers us on in the background.

The shadows cast down around us and the sky seems to darken. At the end of the path is a whirlpool inside a concrete pool, with a concrete pillar in the center. And in the center of the pillar, the celestial staff is planted into the ground.

Luz and I take a step up to the pool and it begins glowing. Columns shoot up out of the water, forming a path.

"I knew this world wasn't all doom and gloom like Eda and King said!" Luz beams, skipping and spinning down the path, "There is wonder here. And I...I think we're here for a reason!"

We reach the central pillar and approach the staff. We stare in awe and the staff seems to be illuminated by a pillar of light breaking through the shadows.

"This is it. Moment of truth." I sigh, glancing up at Luz.

She smiles and nods and we grab the staff together. Blue swirls of magic shoot out, causing the water to make waves away from us. The staff glows brightly. Slowly, we pull it out of where it's planted into the ground. We triumphantly hold the staff above our heads. I'm overflowing with joy and even start laughing.

"I knew it! We're chosen! This is why we were seen as outcasts!" I celebrate.

"And we have proof!" Luz adds, matching my energy.

Then, suddenly, the pillar of light vanishes. And the staff disintegrates and blows away. The wind picks up.

I can feel my face fall as my hope shatters. Luz yells something and tries to grab the dust, but I can't hear what she says. Everything goes silent. Even as the water drains and the flowers wilt. Even as the trees rot and Luz screams out.

A fog begins to roll in. And Adegast walks out. Slowly, the world seems to tune back in. As he walks toward us, Luz pulls out the plastic sword and takes a step back.

"Luz and Hunter, the humans."

"Adegast? What are you doing here?" I question, stepping forward.

"Oh, how your hubris has failed you, witch apprentices!" He cackles.

Adegast is lifted into the air and a giant tentacle-octopus-slug thing is revealed. Luz's breathing picks up as more tentacles rise up, a different person from the quest at the end of each one. Chris, the cat people, Neverth, the fairy princess, Amber.

"It's ok. We got this. Classic chosen one biz. Rescue everyone and defeat the final boss." Luz exasperatedly breaths, going back to back with me.

"I am everybody! You fools, can't you see? I'm no wizard! And neither of you are chosen."

"What?" I ask to nobody, as Adegast cackles madly.

Because we're still processing all of this, we can hardly fight back as the bracelets, ring, necklace, and cape turn into blue magical rope that ties us up, secured by a padlock. The two of us fall over, still back to back.

"No! Betrayed by my own cool accessories! Why are you doing this?" Luz cries out.

"Your mentor has been stealing customers from my potions business for years. She must be destroyed!" He explains.

"Does everyone have beef with Eda here?"

Everyone just nods and makes other sounds of agreement as Luz just sighs.

"And now, you two have lured her right into my trap. And all because you wanted to think you were special."

"Jokes on you!" Luz laughs, "Eda isn't stupid enough to fall for this obvious trap!"

3...2...1...

"Adegast!" Eda yells, landing with the rat in tow at the end of the pathway.

"Aw heck." Luz mumbles.

A/N: So....guess what? Changing a story to have an extra main character, is complicated! Who would have thought?

But yeah, there should only be one more chapter of this episode but it has been tons of fun.

As long as you ignore the amount of times I use "ones" as if that's proper grammar.