Weather Does Not Mess Around

[The Intruder: Hunter, Luz, and King must defend The Owl House from a mysterious intruder.]

I'm sitting on the floor, just watching Luz as she records the pet, talking like she's making a wildlife documentary or something. It's honestly hilarious, and not just because he has a duck sock stuck on his snout.

"And here we have, the most fearsome creature in the world, the king of demons. He is facing his natural enemy, the ducky sock."

He tears the sock into pieces finally then starts yelling at it.

"Where are you now ducky sock!"

"As amusing as this is," I say to the pet, causing Luz to stop recording, "You said you wanted to talk to us? Show us something?"

"Ah! Yes." The pet replied, clambering up onto the coffee table, "Humans Luz and Hunter, you've been so obsessed with witchcraft that you haven't learned anything about my kind. Prepare yourself for," He says, before ripping away a curtain to reveal a cork board with photos of various demons, "Demons 101! Demons like me are grim trickers of the twilight, creatures of sulfur and bone-"

"And cute little paws." Luz interrupts, zooming in her camera on him.

"And cute little paws," he sighs, "True, we live only to cause chaos and misery. Our only weakness are purified water, and passive aggressive comments. Sometimes."

I try and fail to stifle my laughter and Luz elbows me.

"Hey, even demons have inner demons."

He pauses again to tear away one of the photos to reveal a larger image of a snarling demon.

"Behold, the most powerful demon of all. The Snaggleback! He's a-"

"Bad boy?" I sarcastically ask, adding some fliters to Luz's camera.

We both chuckle before Luz finally sets her phone down when she sees the pets distress.

"Luz, Hunter, pay attention. This information could save your life some day."

"No, no, I'm paying attention," Luz assures, "This is my paying attention face."

Luz makes a very serious face, nodding and holding her chin. I mimic her.

Suddenly, lightning crashes and there's a rumble of thunder from outside. We all go up to the window.

"Hunter! It looks like rain!" Luz cheers, grabbing my wrist.

"We don't know what the weather is like her Luz," I say, pulling her back, "We shouldn't just run into it."

"Don't be so paranoid. It's just rain," She happily sighs, walking out "Don't you remember all those times we hung out, playing in the light rain, feeling the first drops of rain in our hair. And I bet so do you little flower."

A drop of rain falls from the sky and land on the flower, causing it to die immideatly.

Called it.

"Boiling rain! Everybody inside now!" Eda yells, running towards the house with a force field above her head.

Luz yelps as Eda grabs her and dives into the house, knocking me and the pet into a pile of garbage along with them.

"Phew! That was close. Thankfully, nobody got hurt."

"Yep," I groan, a cup falling on my head, "Nobody's hurt."

Eda pulls me and Luz out of the garbage.

"Hey Eda, where are the bandaids?" I ask, noticing a small cut on my leg.

"Bathroom," She answers, pointing behind her.

I go and grab them, pull one out, then toss them to Luz, who is sitting on the couch with the pet who also both are a bit dinged up from the crash. They put bandages on each other and smile.

"Look! Now we're all boo-boo buddies!" The pet squeeks.

"Oh my gosh I love you so much," Luz squeels, tipping over.

I look outside and see Eda casting some spell.

"So, a boiling rainstorm on the Boiling Isles. You sure have thematic weather." I chuckle.

"Yeah, we don't have weather," Eda corrects, "We have plagues. Gorenados, shale hail, painbows."

"It's like a rainbow but looking at it turns you inside out!" The dog adds.

Luz fearfully pulls the strings of her hoodie so her face is hidden.

"So, until the boiling rain stops, nobody is allowed outside tonight." Eda continues.

"And if the rain doesn't get you, the Snaggleback will! They wander the rain, feeding on boiled tourists."

The pet pulls out a sketchbook and shows Luz and I a drawing of some weird pink monkey turtle thing.

"Well, whatever the case, this force field spell should protect the house from boiling rains and made up demons."

"Hoot! Well hurry it up with that!" Hooty yells, "That rain is getting closer to my precious stucco!"

Eda sighs then hits the base of her staff against the ground. A yellow bubble surrounds the house then shrinks to fit it. Eda walks back towards the house slowly.

"Wow! Someday I'd like to be as cool as Eda the Owl Lady," Luz swoons, "Magical, sassy, surprisingly foxy for her age. Hey, why do they can you the Owl Lady, anyway?"

"Because I'm so wise." Eda says flipping her hair.

"Cause she coughs up rat bones." Hooty suggests.

"Maybe because her staff is an owl and she has a bird tube in her door?" I offer.

"I think it's because she gets distracted by shiny objects." The pet says, pulling out a pen that when he clicks it, the top lights up.

"It sparkles and shimmers, it shines and delights, I must have it for my nest." Eda delightedly whispers.

She tries to lunge for it but the pet moves it and she falls to the ground.

"You have a nest?" I chuckle, pulling Eda up, "Maybe that's why they call you the Owl Lady."

"I want a nest!" Luz exclaims, "Nest party!"

"You're not getting a nest. Sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag is bag enough for you."

"I only sleep on the floor because Eda didn't have spare beds!"

"All I'm saying is my hammok is far superior than your sleeping bag is, and much more so than a nest."

Luz and I laugh and all of us walk inside.

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry it's been awhile since my last update. I've been doing lots of stuff with my other fic The Lone Witch and started up an account on AO3 as well so this fic kinda slipped through the cracks. But, have lots of drafts prewritten for all that other stuff so I can get back to work on this one.