number 2

You could hear screams and yells all around you mixed with a few odd sounds you thought to be the zombies. The fire was getting bigger and if you didn't move you would be swallowed too. A rustling in the bushes snapped you back to reality. Wiping tears away you looked around you. Suddenly a pair of hands were on you shoulders. A scream escaped your lips. Images of zombies filled your mind, preparing yourself for what you were about to see. You stood up running away from the person. You turned around once you were at a safe enough distance staring, eyes wide at the person. 

A boy. A man. 

A guy about 180cm was standing just where you were seconds ago looking at you. Dressed in black attire with the occasional silver belt or button here and there. His big black boots made him look intimidating, as well as his additional black mask and cap. He had piercings all up his earlobe and a eyebrow piercing was also just visible underneath his cap. His black hair matched his outfit and as he walked towards you he held his hand out. There were tattoos on his hand and peeking out at the end of his sleeve showing the start of his sleeve tattoo. 

If you were being honest this man looked pretty dodgy and one of those people your parents considered actual "strangers". He lowered his hand seeing that you weren't taking it and took off his black bag. He unzipped it pulling out a small water bottle. He held it out to you. You had just been in a fire for, inhaling smoke so you were very dehydrated. Taking it slowly you unscrewed the lid and held the bottle up to your nose. 

"I didn't poison it you know?" The man said. Surprised at his sudden choice of speaking you lowered to bottle to your lips and titled the contents into your mouth. "Okay, listen to me." The man began. "If you want to live, you should decide in a few seconds because the zombies will be here any minute. If you want to live you come with me. It you want to get eaten alive you stay here. Got it?" He held his hand to take back the water bottle. Thinking about what had just happened you could almost just sell yourself to the zombies. You had lost everything. You were meant to survive this with your family. Or at least die with them. There was nothing left for you to live for.

But then you thought again.

What would your parents want? Would they want you to sell yourself to the zombies. Just give up? What would Ji Hoon want? You could hear his little voice in the back of your mind saying not to be eaten. You chuckled under your breath as more tears filled your eyes. You looked back up at the mysterious man. He had slung his bag back over his shoulders and his foot tapping showed his impatience. "I'll come." You say.

"Okay, follow me. But remember. This is not for the weak." He starts to walk off as you follow him away from the fire and the screams, and the yells. Away from the memories. Away from your home.          

~

"What's your name?" He asks you as you walk. 

"Y/l/n Y/n." You reply. "What's yours?" 

He hesitates before saying, "Jeon Jungkook."  You walk in silence again for a bit before he asks, "What happened to you? What's your story?" You tell him what happened, not missing any details. This time tears don't fill your ears as this time anger fills your voice. 

"I'm sorry about your parents and your brother." He says. 

"It's fine. I'm going to save them." You say with a definite tone in your voice.

"There's no cure for the infection yet though." 

"I know that. But I will, somehow." You respond. More silence before you ask, "So where are you from?" 

"I was in Seoul for work, which was where the initial zombie infections started pouring in. But after we heard what was happening I rushed to my home town, Busan, to find my parents. I-I was too late." His head dropped. 

"I'm sorry." You look at him. 

"No, I'm fine. It was long ago now."

"Wait. You said 'we'. There are more survivors? I thought there were none. That's apparently what the police were reporting to the news."

"They're lying." He looked at you. "I don't know exactly in the whole country, but this I know for sure. Excluding you, the survivor count is at least...seven."